Leaking

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Leaking

Postby smilinglou » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:54 am

Hi everyone, just wondered about some
Symptoms; we had sex two nights ago and last night I randomly started leaking breast milk, I stopped feeding my son well over a year ago but I still have milk there same as my daughter I still had milk the 3 years inbrtweeen so I inow that's normal but I don't usually leak; do you think this could be a pregnancy sign

Not sure what to feel really as this was totally unplanned but it's not the end of the world it would be a nice surprise

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Leaking

Postby _michelle_ » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:59 pm

I had this a few times several years after feeding my son. For me it was not a pregnancy symptom (unfortunately as I was desperate for another baby at the time) however my milk has never came in until after I had given birth both times. If you had sex 2 days ago you would definitely have no symptoms yet as it takes around 5 days I think for a fertilised embryo to implant and begin to produce even low hormone levels so if you are pregnant it would have to have happened earlier in the month :)

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying not to symptom spot as I know where that ends, I just thought the leaking was a strange coincidence.

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Postby _michelle_ » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Yes I know what you mean, I spent years reading far too much into every little symptom when trying to conceive no2. Typically both times I was pregnant I had zero symptoms until I was around 8 weeks and morning sickness kicked in. Unfortunately I never found a reason for the random leaking. I certainly was not producing milk to my knowledge at the time. It hasn't happened since I stopped feeding my twins though. I sometimes wonder if the more I looked for any little symtom to give me a bit of hope the more I managed to trick my body into playing along. Not saying that's what your doing of course, this is just my experience. I'm sure you will know for sure in the next couple of weeks though. I suppose you will just have to relax and see what happens :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:12 am

I agree probably unlikely but who knows our body does odd things! Let us know in a couple of weeks time @smilinglou :wave:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:43 am

I will do :) xx

Return to Pregnancy and Conception