hf1

Morning sickness and gender.

What was your morning sickness like and what gender was your baby?

Morning sickness was bad and had a boy.
17%
Morning sickness was bad and had a girl.
20%
Morning sickness was bad and had boy/girl twins.
3%
Morning sickness was average and had a boy.
20%
Morning sickness was average and had a girl.
17%
Morning sickness was average and had boy/girl twins.
No votes
No morning sickness and had a boy.
17%
No morning sickness and had a girl.
7%
No Morning sickness and had boy/girl twins.
No votes

Total votes : 30
My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Morning sickness and gender.

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:11 am

Really just for a bit of fun!

With L and B I had no morning sickness at all (although with B I was quite sicky toward the end but I blame the heat!!)
With baby C I've had the most horrendous sickness for the past 10 weeks and still shows no sigh of abating at all! (14 weeks tomorrow) naturally all my in laws are convinced that baby MUST be a girl! After 2 boys a girl would be lovely but after everything we have been thru I really genuinely will be happy with whichever we are gifted!! They on the other hand will be a bit disappointed I suspect. So anyway, just created a wee poll to see if there is any correlation at all!

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Morning sickness and gender.

Postby _michelle_ » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:55 am

I thought gender would make a difference which is why I was convinced I was having another boy this time round but apparently it's a girl! With my first boy I had moderate morning sickness. With my twin boys I had severe morning sickness to the point where i struggled to keep anything down and weighed the same at 24 weeks pregnant as I did pre pregnancy and I was slim to begin with. With this pregnancy I had moderate/bad sickness and the last two scans have said its a girl. I do believe the bump shape and size theory's to a point though. This girl bump is no where near as neat as my boys were and definitely not as round although at first I thought that could be to do with everything being stretched after the twins.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:12 pm

In all 5 pregnancies my morning sickness was the same...i have 4 boys, 1 girl. The more kids i had the worse the morning sickness got though ;)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:11 pm

I felt rotten with my two girls and was told by many that if you're pregnant with a boy you don't feel sick. Well they were wrong! I felt worse with my little boy but as Lynnie said, perhaps that was just because he was a third pregnancy. I had all day nausea that didn't go till he was born whereas it did stop with the girls. I was never physically sick with any of them, I just felt sick :(
I did feel different with him in other ways like my hair went greasy ( with the girls it had always got better!) and carried differently, I didn't put weight on all over or on my face as much with him, it was more bump ( big blinking bump) so maybe time will tell for you!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Nausea with izzy for just a few weeks.Nausea and vomiting with Leon for ages.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:01 am

Nothing with Josh, nausea with Louis but not too bad (was convinced it was a girl as I'd had nothing the time before!), worse nausea with Rémy.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:19 am

Regarding bump size I was low and huge with Lochlan and high and tiny with Blaine! I am noticing tho that more people had mild to moderate morning sickness with a girl than had none where as boys are pretty much all over the board. Still tells me nothing tho

Return to Pregnancy and Conception