hf1

Cramping/ pain!

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Cramping/ pain!

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Since yesterday I've had a constant pain in my lower stomach, had some diarrhoea so put it down to that but today, it's been that same constant pain accompanied by back ache! Drank extra water today and stuck my feet up most of the day but hasn't eased at all. Phoned the midwife and she said it's just everything stretching and round ligament pain. My midwife is lovely but this is my 3rd pregnancy so I know what round ligament pain feels like and it didn't feel like this! If the pain isn't better by tomorrow I'm heading to triage but would any of you be concerned enough to go up tonight? I can't work out how worried to be, as stupid as that sounds!!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Cramping/ pain!

Postby confusinglady » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:06 pm

If you're worried and you can head in then go. If it's just ligaments then great but it will put your mind at ease. Are you going to get any sleep if you don't go?
You know your own body and if it doesn't feel right. :hug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:11 am

Sorry I didn't see this last night. I think you should go in and be checked, you aren't happy and as you say it is your 3rd pregnancy. I'd always rather see someone than not and there be an issue. Round ligament pain doesnt' usually have back pain with it that I have experienced or heard of. Let me know how you are @BekkiLB :hug:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:40 am

Constant pain that's not easing definitely see someone. How far along are you

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:41 am

ems101 wrote:Constant pain that's not easing definitely see someone. How far along are you

She's 26+ weeks @ems101

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:35 am

Ok, sounds a bit early labourish, but too early for that. Maybe a tummy bug? @BekkiLB how you doing?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:21 am

I went up around midnight after loosing some fluid. :eek:
Cervix is still long but dialated to a one but the midwife said that's normal with subsequent babies and it didn't change over night and I didn't loose anymore fluid. A scan showed that there's still plenty around baby and she looks fine, bit on the small side though. I was on the monitor and it showed that In between the constant pain I was having mild contractions roughly every 8 mins although this morning it's more like every 20 mins. I have a UTI and they say its made my uterus irritable so have a course of antibiotics. Just had an iron transfusion as I'm pretty anaemic and they wanted to get that up incase I do go into pre term labour. have to stay in today but can hopefully go home tomorrow but have to stay on bedrest! She's a little devil!!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Oh no, what a little monkey...fingers crossed the antibiotics work xxx

My avatar
allierat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby allierat » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:18 pm

I had very similar pains at 27 weeks and have an irritable uterus. I had to stay in hospital a few days and have steroid injections because they thought I was a high risk of preterm labour. I'm now 37 weeks though and had no trouble since. Hope it turns out just as positive for you! I'm also on baby number 3 and if this pregnancy is anything to go by, 3rd babies like to keep you on your toes.

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception