hf1

At out of hours doc with spd

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

At out of hours doc with spd

Postby smilinglou » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:13 pm

I'm in agony! The doctors cancelled my prescription request because apparently it has to be done at a nearer surgery to my pharmacy so now I'm here in pain waiting for a prescription :(
I'm only 21 weeks so I assume it'll only get worse my pelvis is really suffering

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: At out of hours doc with spd

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:29 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: You have my sympathy - I started at 16 weeks after doing a McRoberts manouver on a lady in labour :-? I wasn't thinking about myself at all just getting that baby down and from then on I was in agony. I spoke with the phisio at work and she told me I had the worst possible job (strange positions, lots of walking) and the worst possible house (lots of uneven stairs!)!! I started wearing a big tubigri around my hips which helped, taking small steps, avoiding stairs or anything with legs apart, careful at all times, particularly getting in and out of car etc. She also told me to sit as much as possible and buy the lightest possible shoes (I got some Sketchers). I managed to stay at work until I had to stop for other reasons at 34 weeks but I spent all that time in pretty much chronic pain as I only took the co-codamol I was prescribed when I really had to. Massive hugs, I truly believe that no one really understands the full impact on activities of daily living from SPD :cnthug:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Don't have any good advice but wouldn't leave without a :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Chiropractor ! Saved me :)

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Thanks everyone.
Worried I'm going to get addicted to the codeine as I take it a lot. Gp said its ok 4 times a day but to stop 4 weeks before birth to stop baby being addicted :-/

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:54 pm

I went to chemist with prescription for codeine and he refused to give it to me with my bump!

Seriously chiropractor, I went from pain 24 7 to manageable in 3 sessions xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:33 am

I agree with Sara, I went to the chiro late in my pregnancy and early after he was born and it was amazing and i think if I'd gone earlier I wouldnt' have got as bad as I did. I also went to an osteopath and actually I think I felt better after her sessions than I did after the chiro.

littlesez wrote:I went to chemist with prescription for codeine and he refused to give it to me with my bump!

@littlesez It is because they have thier meds books that pretty much everything says 'not when pregnant or breastfeeding'. There are other med books that look at pregnancy and BF that give quite different information. Frustrates me that they are so :doh: about it. I was lucky in our town in Oz there were 2 pharmacies that had a copy of the other book so they could check things themselves :D Codeine is OK when :pregnant: , obviously as little as you can but it wont' hurt the baby and if you need it it is one of the only safe painkillers.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:27 am

He was so adamant! And then when breastfeeding I have been prescribed tramadol and codeine :/

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:35 am

littlesez wrote:He was so adamant! And then when breastfeeding I have been prescribed tramadol and codeine :/

I know they are - it was the same when my sister went to get me some co-codamol when my back was really bad when we were first in the UK and she said I was feeding and they refused to sell her any :doh: I'm not sure off the top of my head about the tramadol, I think it is a 'use with caution' one when :bf: but I'd have to check. Such a shame there isn't a call line like there is in Australia - it is called Mothersafe and you can ring them about any drug and they have all the up to date info for :pregnant: and :bf: mums it is awesome!

Return to Pregnancy and Conception