hf1

Conception tips?

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Conception tips?

Postby PixieFix » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Apart from the obvious (!) does anybody have any tips? Been trying for number 2 since November. I know its not really that long but with Erinae it was instant which I think spoiled me a little because I can feel myself starting to go a bit crazy. Especially since my SIL is due her 2nd baby this month and last time we were pregnant together :(

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Conception tips?

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:27 pm

I'd say do it every 2 or max 3 nights from the time your period stops. Not doing it every night is better to let the sperms build up a bit . Try to relax as if you are tense that won't help and obviously having a big 'O' helps as well :giggle: . 2nd babies cna take longer for some reason but try not to worry or get all stressed about it - it will happen when the time is right - I'd be :panic: myself if I had a baby due when your sil does :giggle:

Are you still BF? Not a reason to stop if you are but can slow conception down and dropping even one feed can help.

I hope you guys are doing well - would love a new pic of Erinae - I bet she is such a cutie! Rémy is a little rocket - lots of fun (but unfortunately forever teething and not sleeping :doh: ).

Lovely to see you and good luck with the TTC :fingerscrossed: for a :bfp: soon :hug: let us know how you get on!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Are you using a fertility indicator? We did, but also hit jackpot first time so not sure if it helped or not. Legs in the air afterwards.... Gravity helps?!?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:51 pm

ems101 wrote:Legs in the air afterwards.... Gravity helps?!?

Ohh I forgot that one - that is definitely worth doing!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:35 pm

I hear being bought a cuppa in bed can help too (or did I make that one up?!?)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:43 pm

ems101 wrote:I hear being bought a cuppa in bed can help too (or did I make that one up?!?)
I'm sure that would help :twisted: :twisted: whilst keeping your hips propped up on a pillow!

Have a few drinks to relax :wine: :wine: - worked every time for me :giggle: :giggle: !!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:50 pm

ems101 wrote:I hear being bought a cuppa in bed can help too (or did I make that one up?!?)

:hohoho: @ems101 you crack me up!!!!

I hate to say it but alcohol worked everytime for me too :giggle:

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:41 am

:giggle: lots of good tips. Especially like the cuppa in bed @ems101 :giggle: By fertility indicator do you mean temperature and the like? I'm not, although I did learn the signs before we started trying for Erinae, and like you I got pregnant first try. But now my body is so different, I don't know what's going on :evil: very annoying

Erinae is doing great @clothmama She is a really happy little person who loves to eat so I couldn't ask for much more :D She does love to climb, which keeps me on my toes! Will pop a picture up soon.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:51 am

@pixiefix

You can get ovulation sticks. Pee on a stick rather than temps etc.

Return to Pregnancy and Conception