hf1

What should I expect after a sweep?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: What should I expect after a sweep?

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Been trying to get the oh to help some, he's usually moaning at me about lack of sexy time but now he's terrified of the idea :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:26 pm

BekkiLB wrote:Been trying to get the oh to help some, he's usually moaning at me about lack of sexy time but now he's terrified of the idea :hohoho:

No luck with the walking / bouncing @BekkiLB ? Nipple stimulation does help as it releases oxytocin (same stuff (natural form obviously!) we put in the drip). Have you got a birth ball/ Figure of 8 with your hips on that can help, walking crooked as the others have said, basically anything that changes the shape of your pelvis to help the head descend and put pressure on the cervix to help you dilate! Good luck @BekkiLB and please don't leave it if you have a worse headache, blurry vision, pain in the stomach etc. What plan have you got?

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Postby _michelle_ » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:55 pm

There's nothing more unsexy then declaring you helped get this baby in there and now you can help get it out :hohoho:

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:07 am

Nothing! Not even a little ache :shock: did lots and lots of walking and bouncing and dancing yesterday I even managed to express 11ml of colostrum (accidentally to begin with, then figured there was no harm), I think we're heading for induction :cry: I know it's not that bad but I'd hoped for a water labour at least and I know with the hormone drip they won't do a natural 3rd stage.
The midwife came out yesterday to check my BP and stuff as I'd phoned and said my headache was worsening and it's not risen any and no increase in swelling (which is mild at best, I hadn't really noticed) isn't it so very ironic that after threatened pre term labour at 26 weeks now nothing is happening at all even tho I'm doing everything I was warned against back then :gaah: on the plus side, I'm tiring myself out so much that I'm sleeping till 5:30 rather than the usual of waking at 2am and tossing and turning for 3 hours. Silver linings and that :giggle:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:07 am

If you are already partly dilated can they try just breaking your waters / ARM?

That was enough to kickstart full blown labour for me with #2 and avoided the drip so I could use a pool.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:12 am

Will need to ask, I'm just going from my last induction really as they didn't seam to give me an option after they broke my waters to see what would happen next! X

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:49 am

Oh @bekkiLB how frustrating for you :hug:

Still keep moving with lots of side steps and lots of rocking your hips and circles on the ball :thumbsup:
I would've thought that breaking your waters would be a good way to go too. especially as you were already 3cm dilated at the sweep.

Fingers crossed for your water birth. come on baby!!! :fingerscrossed:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:03 am

If I was your MW I'd do an ARM and then give you some time to see if you would establish on your own before I put up the drip (as long as your BP and CTG was good!). I would make you walk / bounce etc and poke you off the bed in an attempt to get you going :giggle:

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Postby _michelle_ » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:49 am

I've had my waters broken at 2-3cm twice now and my contractions have started the minute I got off the bed. I didn't need the drip either time so you never know, if you have your waters broken and then do some bouncing on the birthing ball or walking it might happen on its own. I think my babies were cushioned by their waters and the minute they broke their heads engaged. Your body knows what to do seeing as you have done it twice before. I would get some rest then go in at the next opportunity and try and get things moving. This time by bp was not that high with the pre eclampsia but I kept having funny turns and when they did my bp then it was sky high then dropping again. Headaches are awful when you know you're going to have to give birth but mine have usually disappeared once labour started. Good luck and I hope you manage to have the birth that you want.

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy and Conception