hf1

Pregnancy Cravings!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Pregnancy Cravings!

Postby kt24 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:50 pm

anyone have any bizarre pregnacy cravings?

I was thinking about mine after Beck mentioned her hot & spicy chicken and ginger ale one.

With Lockie I was constantly driving everyone mad by chewing rubber bands. :? I really really loved the taste!!!!! It really must have been to do with the pregnancy I've not had the urge since.

With Zac it was Bacon sandwiches and ice lollies. A bit more normal. :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:12 pm

My early ones (before 12 weeks) went in weekly or fortnightly phases, ie cheese, meat, carbs, etc. Before I even knew I was pg it was breadsticks in nutella and then around the time I found out carrots sometimes dipped in humous or mayo. I lost my sweet tooth almost completely and didn't want sweets or puddings for ages.

Now I am back to normal, food is food, sweets are a treat (almost daily or more :roll: )

Nothing not edible or not recommended for eating - quite boring really :lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:17 pm

I wouldn't say I have ever had any cravings but I got a sweet tooth last time and seem to have developed one again. I am usually a savoury girl - would choose a bag of crisps over a chocolate bar every time but not any more, really don't fancy crisps at the moment.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:33 pm

Fairly boring really - I TOTALLY went off parmesan cheese...

Only cravings were cheese & branston sandwiches, TONS of ice-cream (strawberry cheesecake flavour a fave mmmmm!) and rice-pudding (which I've not really fancied since)...

Oh and brie - was v.norty and ate loads of the stuff!! :oops:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Charliemum wrote:I wouldn't say I have ever had any cravings but I got a sweet tooth last time and seem to have developed one again. I am usually a savoury girl - would choose a bag of crisps over a chocolate bar every time but not any more, really don't fancy crisps at the moment.

I'm sure there is an old wives tale about sweet tooth or lack of it - perhaps you are having a girl and mine is a boy :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:41 pm

Annette78 wrote:I'm sure there is an old wives tale about sweet tooth or lack of it - perhaps you are having a girl and mine is a boy :wink:

Very possibly. I feel a bit bad really as I really would like another girl. Alot of that has to do with getting to re-use all of Charlotte's clothes and nappies as she has some really lovely stuff that I get sad when she outgrows them after such a short time and they are all up in the loft waiting to be used again. I also really like having a little girl and wanted a sister when I was little - I think it would be nice for Charlotte. But I also think that a boy would be nice for Mark. But then I guess there is always a chance we could have another.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:16 pm

Mine is the most bizarre so far then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:08 pm

Well years before I was pregnant, I liked chewing on a sponge - it lasted for about 6 months and I just kept it hidden so no one ever knew :oops:

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:21 pm

Ha ha I had a rubber craving with James. Used to cut up hot water bottles and sniff and chew them. Mum went mad when she realised all the hot water bottles in the house had been cut up. :roll:

Then with the girls it was sponges, we wet through hundreds :lol: I think what started it was a gorgoeus smelling peach and apricot soap but I ate plain sponges not ones wih soap on :? :shock:

Jacks was plain old boring Yeo Valley strawberry organic yoghurt.

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception