premature labour?

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

premature labour?

Postby jennyjanesharp » Thu May 06, 2010 2:03 pm

:idea:
Im 31+6 weeks pregnant, and am carrying a very big baby with lots of water too (so basically Im huge, i look term). MW said there is a chance of hoing into early labour - and maybe it's this that has been playing on my mind but Since last night I've been having mentral types of cramps, in no sequence or order, but they definatly haven't gone away. I've been to the 'loo' loads today, and though 'well it's the diarhea that's giving me the pains', but nope, after clearning out my system (and LOTS of wind , sorry TMI!!!) they're still there. No other signs... no show, no waters breaking etc. This is my 2nd, but DD was born at 40+2 and had a weight of 7lbs so completely different pregnancy. Do you think it's the babies head possibly? or still bowel cramps, or should I be worried, or just wait?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: premature labour?

Postby northernruth » Thu May 06, 2010 2:06 pm

No real advice but have you had the runs for long? Because diarrhoea can be a sign of labour. If in dobt call your midwife and they might want you in for monitoring.

:hug: :hug: hope all is well

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Thu May 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Wouldn't do any harm to call your midwife :hug:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu May 06, 2010 2:22 pm

hun each time i went into premature labour i personally didn't know anything about it till my waters suddenly broke. no pains no wierd feeling nothing. i'd suggst just taking things easy hun, remember there are a lot of d and v bugs going around too right now, we've all had either one or the other of late. if ur mega concerned ring ur mw hun.xx

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu May 06, 2010 2:27 pm

What I've found this time round is that BH can bloody hurt, rather than being painless like last time. I keep getting random bouts of painful contractions, but they always stop.

Try having a cold drink and make sure you remain hydrated. Dehydration definitely makes BH much worse.

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jennyjanesharp » Thu May 06, 2010 2:31 pm

That's initally wha I though - BH, but Ive had those a lot this time ound too, and their an all over tummy tightening, and yes bloody uncomfortable! But none of those today, just these.

I think i'll sit on it (so to speak) and see what happens. i just know if I tewll anyone I'll be whipped into hospital (1hr away), and won't get out till late, which i don't really want!

Return to Pregnancy and Conception