hf1

Has anyone used so scrumptious lanolin for cracked nipples?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Has anyone used so scrumptious lanolin for cracked nipples?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi.
I was just on the bibs and bots website ordering my baby behinds night nappy and i noticed they have some so scrumptious lanolin thats suitable for soothing cracked nipples ect when breastfeeding. its pure grade stuff apparently.

Has anyone used it before for this? if so is it any good and do you have to wipe it off before baby feeds or is it ok to leave on your skin?

Thanks

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Has anyone used so scrumptious lanolin for cracked nipples?

Postby littlesez » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 pm

lanolin is ideal for cracked nipples but i would get unscented x

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Yes, I had a little tester pot I was using. It's quite solid (or it was in January and February!) so if Seph fed soon after I would have to wipe it off but if it was a little while after I used it then I didn't bother and she wasn't fussed.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks ladies. Will get some I think then. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:34 am

It is a lovely natural option. Do make sure you have no allergy to it as I believe some people are allergic to it ( :shock: :shock: you wouldn't' want allergic rash boobies :shock: :shock: :giggle: ). I think I would wash it off before feeding baby - I can't imagine it tastes very nice :lookround: :giggle:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:52 am

I used the unscented for cracked nipples and it worked just as well as Lansinoh.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:13 am

It is the unscented one I was looking to get as its cheaper than lansinoh. I've used lansinoh before and didn't have a reaction to that so am hoping I will be ok with the so scrumptious stuff too! Like I said...it sayS its pure graded stuff and suitable for when breastfeeding so it should be fine....I hope lol :-) Thanks

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:19 am

Yes I've used it and it's great :D Even better that it's cheaper than Lansinoh :thumbsup: The scented one I've got says not suitable for breastfeeding, but the unscented one is fine and like Lansinoh doesn't need washing off ;)

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:22 am

indigosky2k wrote:Yes I've used it and it's great :D Even better that it's cheaper than Lansinoh :thumbsup: The scented one I've got says not suitable for breastfeeding, but the unscented one is fine and like Lansinoh doesn't need washing off ;)
. Brilliant! Thanks for that hun. Just waiting for a reply back from bibs and bots to see if I can get the lanolin added onto my order for the night nappy I had already placed last night before I saw the lanolin on the website and then I will order me some while I remember! :-)

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception