hf1

Royal mail prices and nappy packaging

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Royal mail prices and nappy packaging

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:36 pm

I know when I was posting stuff over there I used to have to put a wrap between 2 pieces of cardboard then wrap in clingfilm so it was thin enough to get in as a large letter. Its definitely worth trying to get stuff nice and thin.

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:39 am

Fab ideas :) Didn't get the chance to try it out yesterday as I have been writing some new additions to Classifieds but it sounds like it would work from your experiences :)

I'm also pleased to announce that I've just finished adding some new features to Classifieds, the most noticeable of which is adding the ability to state your postage price in your listing and have it shown separately to your stated price for the item.

The in page PayPal calculator is also updated so that it takes into account the postage price you enter and I have added quite a few new things from the main site to Mobile such as the "watch item" and "view other items by seller" links. There's also a bit more info for you on the category and "New Classifieds" pages in mobile such as who replied last, when and page view counts.

Desktop also got a bit of an update. You wouldn't believe how tricky it was to get that extra column in there, it took 3/4 of the time I spent on it :giggle:. Most of it is just neatening up the interface but I've also added the popular hover previews that were already on "New Classifieds" to the category lists. If you've never used it and don't know what it is, just hover your mouse over the image to get a quick preview of the listing and main image.

So all in all a pretty simple addition that gave me the chance to sort out a lot of little foibles and add things that I'd been wanting to do for a while. Hope you find the new postage options useful and thanks @zoeyboo :wave: for the idea :)

Please let me know if anything doesn't work. A lot has been changed, so as ever it's always possible something went awry and you may spot it better than I.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:18 am

You are a superstar!
Well Done & Thank-You @Mr Clothmama :thumbsup:

Previous

Return to Please read before using Classifieds