hf1

tots bots cotton and bamboozle

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

tots bots cotton and bamboozle

Postby clothpenguin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:12 am

Boring I hear you say? Yes perhaps, but highly functional. Quick to dry, nice fit with a nippa on a small baby (cotton only) Excellent absorbancy for bamboozles (slow to dry) and sadly only availble in nasty velcro version in bamboo. However, nasty velcro version loved by daddy and great for the chnaging bags. Never leaked, never even hinted at allowing an explisve poo to get out. They wore bamboozles with ME velcro wraps for their baptism (when they were sporting cream thai silk). This is a testament to the bombproof nature of tots. Major draw back is they took a while to grow into them, and they are outgrown in the rise very quickly unlike Clwt twt, Stuffies or qiuckflips. I sitll love tots nappies, and unbleached tots are a fab option and much more abosrbant than the lovely lovely colored ones. Not good for a complete collection but form a fairly big part of our size twos despite their capacity to be outgrown, QF's and Twt clwt will make up for that in the larger end of the nappying lifespan. Cotton quick to dry which is part of why I love them, we need some quick dryers in our collection!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: tots bots cotton and bamboozle

Postby kt24 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Manufacturer:Tots Bots
Nappy Name: Organic cotton
Type of Nappy: Shaped sized
Fastener: Nippa
Material: Organic cotton
Size: Size 1

Reliability:9/10
Absorbancy: 7/10
Cuteness: 6/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 6/10 (8/10 with the booster taken out.)
Value for money: 7/10

Overall Comment:
Recommended

Detailed Comments: I have been using these since the birth of my son (7lb 2oz). When I first tried them on him they were very bulky and I struggled to get his clothing over them. We also had to fold down the fronts so I was glad I had the nippa version. I decided to remove the sewn-in flap-out boosters and they now fit much better as a newborn nappy with the front folded down. I can use the boosters as a lay-in booster when he gets older. The nippa fastening is great because I can cross the tabs over the get a good fit and so the containment is very good even with breastfed explosions.
They dry quite fast and the absorbancy is quite good. Not the cutest or most exciting nappies but certainly functional.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: tots bots cotton and bamboozle

Postby aimeet » Thu May 27, 2010 2:40 pm

I have been using these on my lo for a few days now, she did try them at 2 weeks but her skinny legs just didn't fit and then antibiotic side effects meant we were in sposies for a week! :evil: Now at 4weeks old they fit so much better, I prefer the fit of the bamboozle and, as my dd is a very heavy wetter already she needs the extra absorbancy. I have been using a microfibre insert for a staydry layer and to add a little absorbancy. I really like the fit of these nappies now that Penny has bulked up a bit (10lbs) and has chunkier legs but I am changing her every 2 hours, so they aren't the most absorbant nappies in the world. They look so cute though and the old style wraps are great, although I have been using cotton bottoms, little lambs and bambino mio wraps too as I only have one. Overall a good workhorse nappy and a handy one to have at home.

Return to Newborn Modern Cloth Nappy Reviews