Reliability:10/10
Absorbancy: 8/10
Cuteness: 5/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 8/10)
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment:
Highly recommended

Detailed Comments: These are bombproof. The frilled leg and waist cuffs really do an excellent job of keeping everything in. The are generous in size but the separate leg and waist poppers mean you can get a good fit on most sized babies. These will fit the longest of all the dedicated XS/ size O nappies. They are slightly more time consuming to fasten with the four sets of poppers. The short pile terry makes them really quite trim but they absorbent too. However they do go very stiff and crunchy in our hard water. They are quite wide in the back and high in the rise so I did struggle to fit them under some of the trimmer Pul wraps that we have (Swaddlebees & Blueberries) but they work well under rikkis and airflows and are great under wool. I have also used the small size of these from birth.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Motherease Sandy's XS

Postby JennyPenny » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Manufacturer: Motherease
Nappy Name: Sandys
Type of Nappy: FItted sized nappy
Fastener: Poppers
Material: Cotton (but they do also do a bamboo version which looks lovely)
Size: Extra small

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 8/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: *
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
This was our favourite newborn nappy. Was such a good fit, even at 7lbs. Was brilliant and containing newborn baby poo, we never had a leak at all! Was amazed by the reliability of the nappy and have given it a 10/10 for that as it was far more reliable than a disposable nappy or any other cloth brands we tried on a newborn. Only thing I could possibly say was that it wasn't really absorbant enough for my daughter once she started doing big wees. BUT she does wee more than most young babies! And the nappies were preloved which probably had some effect. I would deinatly buy them again if we were to have another baby. And I will be recomending them to anybody else I come accross looking for cloth nappies for a newborn! They also were so small, you couldnt even tell that she was in a cloth nappy when she was fully dressed! Slimness is an important factor for me as I am not keen on the whole big cloth bum (which I thought was unavoidable till we used sandys!). I just wish that I had them when I had my first! I also dyed some of these very sucessfully which made them soo cute and covered up any stains! They also do a bamboo version which we have yet to try but I am looking to purchase some in a bigger size as they sound brilliant.

My main thoughts:
- I would say it was the best newborn nappy we have tried (And we tried most of the main brands).
- Relatively fast to dry for a cotton nappy
- Resells on quite well, we bought them preloved and then sold on for not much less)
- They only come in poppers - no choice of having applix or nippa
- I used them with tots bots size 0 wraps and Nature babies multifit wraps and had no problems with both
- They go very crispy in hard water
- We used them at night, with a hemp insert between nappy and wrap sucsessfully
- Only nappy that contained 100% of DDs runny poo!
- Also worked well under wool

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Motherease Sandy's XS

Postby joeli » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:54 am

Manufacturer: Motherease
Nappy Name: Sandy's
Type of Nappy: Shaped sized
Fastener: Popper
Material: Cotton terry
Size: XS

Reliability:10/10
Absorbancy: 7/10
Cuteness: 5/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10

Overall Comment:
Highly recommended

Detailed Comments: We used these from day 3 with Leo, who weighed just over 10lbs at birth. From the start they were a bit tight on the hip setting but did fit. I don't anticipate them fitting much longer though. Containment is definitely great. It held in the really messy poos just fine. Absorbancy is pretty good. I find they are completely soaked after a couple hours. Also, this is a probably a feature of all shaped nappies but I'm not the biggest fan of how the whole nappy gets soaking wet. I found them a bit bulky but that's compared to using trifolded prefolds. We had no problems with them fitting under clothes. Drying time has been roughly 36 hours, hanging on an airer indoors. Overall, I'd say this a good nappy if you're expecting a normal sized baby and want to used shaped nappies.

Return to Newborn Modern Cloth Nappy Reviews