Size: 0-6 months (only size available)

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment:
Fantastic first night nappy, or when you need it to last that little bit longer during the day

Detailed Comments:
I was introduced to these nappies on an Australian Cloth forum when I was pregnant with Caitlin and found they had a good on Ebay for 2 so decided to give these a go.
I first tried these on Caitlin when she was 10 days old after her umbilical cord had dropped of and it was a great fit. I especially like the way there is no gaping around the skinny legs, which I have experienced with other newborn/small fitteds she wore at that stage. This means that they have been very reliable for messy poos, even around the back.
They have 11 layers of absorbant fabric, 10 of which is bamboo plus one layer of cotton velour if you go for the coloured ones. Since the booster is simply 2 layers of BV which you fold to obtain 8 layers it dries very quickly for a bamboo nappy, however I have only dried these in Oz weather and its coming into summer here so it might well take a little bit longer in the UK :wink: They have easily lasted the night with us (between 8-9 hours so far) even with PUL wraps, but with wool the outside still feels pretty dry come morning.
Despite having so many layers, it is a very trim nappy, probably because it is only designed to last until 6 months, but it does mean that it fits a newborn and small baby without giving them a huge bum, something I am really happy with for nighttimes.
They come in a rainbow of colours and because they are velour all over (apart from the hidden layer in the body of nappy) they are very squashy and soft.
The only flaw I can think of so far is that it is a shame they do not make these in bigger sizes :D

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Lushies

Postby MissFrodo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:48 pm

These sounds great, is there an online store in the UK selling them??
Or do I have to order from Australia....

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Lushies

Postby mabo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:17 pm

Euhm, I am not sure... this is the ebay listing or you could contact them direct via the shop link and ask if they are sold in the UK?

Return to Newborn Modern Cloth Nappy Reviews