Size: Small approx. 7-16lbs (3.5-7.5Kg)

Reliability: 6/10
Absorbancy: 7/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment:
Recommended, but may want to avoid if you have a heavy wetter.

Detailed Comments:
We started using the itti bitti's at 9.5lbs (2 weeks old), at first they seem a little bulky on a newborn so we experimented on which inserts to use, it was quickly apparent that my little Quentin can pee for England so the tri-fold insert on it own wasn't enough, even with both inserts we still only get 2.5/3 hours tops before leaks.

Poo containment is questionable, although his poos didn't quiet escape the nappy there was some leakage around the legs. I breastfeed so I can only comment on the containment of breastfed poo. As a side note: I also use a fleece liner on top of the inserts which I feel did help with the containment.

The overall fit of the nappy is good and slim fitting and look really cute. no problems with fit of clothes over the nappy.

In regards to drying time, due to the inserts being bamboo they take a good while, I tumble dry them and finish off on the radiator for a few hours. The outer shell I don't tumble dry I just dry on the radiator and they still stay soft. If you don't have a tumble dryer I'd recommend having a couple of sets of inserts or have a variety of other nappy brands to support drying time.

My Overall verdict would be a cute, slim fitting nappy, great for showing off! not a good nappy for a heavy wetter or if you don't have tumble dryer. They're a nice addition to a nappy stash. I also wouldn't recommend having them as a night nappy.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Itti Bitti D'Lish

Postby aimeet » Tue May 25, 2010 12:51 pm

I agree with the comments about containment and as our LO seems to pee for England too she gets through these a bit quick, they are super cute and a great show off nappy! I tried experimenting with theinserts too as I found that when I tried them on Penny at 2 weeks old her legs were stuck out sideways- poor chick! Will be trying again soon though as she has grown a bit now and her legs aren't so skinny!

Return to Newborn Modern Cloth Nappy Reviews