Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: N/A
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
When Caitlin was first born I struggled fitting wraps over her fitteds that did not look humongous on her tiny little body and allowed her to wear her cute diddy newborn clothes.
It was a bit of a coincidence that I ended up grabbing one of the Bumgenius shells as my other wraps had all been used, but I was amazed to see how well it fitted over the top of her nappy. It was so trim that was able to put her comfortably in the sleepsuit I had already put aside as I didnt think she'd wear it again with her big cloth bum.

As is the case with BG's when used as a pocket, they are super reliable. Even when the nappy itself was sopping, there was no sign of it outside the now wrap. Because they are made of just PUL and a microsuede inner that normally keeps the babies bum dry, they dry in no time.

They may not be as beautiful as other custom-made wraps, but the choice of colours available is definitely suited for those that want simple but cute for their brandnew arrivals.

Since the 'wrap' is actually a pocket and with that a birth-to-potty one, they extremely good value for money. We now use them for their intended purpose as their trimness means they are now not wide enough in the crotch area to cover Medium sized fitteds.

My avatar
Cymraegpixie
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Bumgenius V2 pocket as a wrap

Postby Cymraegpixie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:36 am

I've bought a BG V3 pocket and was wondering if I'd be able to use it as a wrap. That has just answered my question beautifully. Thank you!

Return to Newborn Modern Cloth Nappy Reviews