My avatar
span78
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

TotsBots Teenyfit

Postby span78 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Manufacturer: Tots Bots
Nappy Name: Teenyfit
Type of Nappy: All in one (with pocket for boosting)
Fastener: aplix
Material: bamboo and microfibre core, microfibre booster insert, pul outer
Size: newborn - 5 to 14lb

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 8/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments: I only had 6 of these in my stash but would've loved to have at least 10 more! They have great designs, especially for a girl, and so look amazingly cute on a newborn, especially as they're so slim fitting!
The fit was great around a newborns little legs (though my newborn was a not so little 8lb9oz) as well as having a low enough rise so as not to interfere with the cord.

It didn't take my baby too long to outpee them without the booster but they lasted a reasonable amount of time (2-3 hours) with it, though we had pretty regular nappy changes anyway. One thing that really helped absorbency was swapping the insert for a little lamb bamboo booster - these are nice and slim so you could even use both and not affect the fitting of the nappy.
We found we had to stop using these by the time she reached about 12lb as they were no longer super-reliable, even with boosting, and leaked around the legs. We were also running out of room to do them up. They have great resale value though, especially as most babies will only be in them for 2-4 months.

My husband was very keen on these as, with the velcro fastening, they are pretty much 'man proof'. All in ones are also great for a newborn as you don't have to mess around with a separate wrap on a baby that doesn't like being naked or messed about with!

They dried really quickly, especially as they are partially made up of bamboo, due to the fact that you can unfold the core out from the 'pocket'. Took no time at all when we had them drying on the line and were pretty much dried overnight when hanging on a wire dryer, though we were using them in late spring/early summer. You can also tumble-dry them if you need to.

Overall I cannot recommend them enough as a newborn nappy, especially if you have a small baby - they will see you through until they're big enough to fit most birth to potty nappies.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: TotsBots Teenyfit

Postby MissFrodo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:22 am

Manufacturer: Tots Bots
Nappy Name: Teenyfit
Type of Nappy: All in one (with pocket for boosting)
Fastener: aplix
Material: bamboo and microfibre core, microfibre booster insert, pul outer
Size: newborn - 5 to 14lb

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 8/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: The best!

Can't rave enough about these nappies!
They are simply the best for those first weeks, easy to put on (daddyproof), superfast drying, very slim, not too expensive.

Really can't think of anything better.

My avatar
Magpie
Clothie
Clothie

Re: TotsBots Teenyfit

Postby Magpie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:10 pm

What did you both boost them with?

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet