hf1

Reusable training pants

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Reusable training pants

Postby labbiefan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Can anyone recommend reusable training pants for boys? Looked at easy peasy training pants or tots bots. I'm hoping they'll help my son train. TIA x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Reusable training pants

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:04 am

I can't really say as I didn't bother with them, we went straight to big boy pants! Both those have a good name though! I'd honestly try going strait to pants, less confusion I think!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 am

We had brightbots training pants for DS3 and tried flip training pants for DD but didnt really use either in the end as both went straight into pants.

I did look at super undies though on my quest for training pants as you can stuff them to make them absorbent if needed :)

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 am

I bought bright bots for Darcy but soon sold them on as when she had an accident it would all just flow out of the sides so seemed pointless using them as still needed a change of clothes etc. She was dry at home for a couple of months with a bare bum then I tried normal knickers and only had a couple of accidents the 1st day or 2 before whilst she learnt that they weren't a nappy. I plan on going straight to pants with Noah as training pants were just a waste of money for us x

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks ladies. We're in disposable pull ups atm :( my ds knows when he needs to go but is just too stuborn to use the loo every time. Will take a look at super u.do
ies. I have loads of inserts as dd is in cloth 100% of the time. X

My avatar
mollycoddles
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mollycoddles » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 pm

I did a bit of research and have decided just to buy some pants and sew in my own pocket using PUL and either fleece or coolmax or minkee... something like that... and then stuff with my own mini boosters. Just need to buy a pants one size up I think so they are wide enough lower down not to just leak. Not at the stage of doing this yet - but think it will work out cheaper to buy pants, and the material I require than to pay out a fortune on trainer pants...
but am open minded!

My avatar
Jazzylady
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Jazzylady » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Great idea to do your own - you must have a sewing machine to commit to that! I bought Boots own make trainer pants and found they worked well. They don't always hold the accidents in at the moment though but I think thats more to do with the lack of padding rather than the elastic leg which seems quite good. A booster could be placed inside for more absorbency. I got mine a few yrs back and used with DD1 and now using with DS and they were good value and much cheaper than other options at that time.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:11 pm

We have just started with the Bright Bots ones. Somehow all goes well if little queen doesn't wear anything but with nappies or underwear she'll pee everything wet.
I told her that these are special pants that you're not allowed to pee in :giggle:
Btw everyone keeps saying they are so tiny you would need a size up but I think they are big. She's between a m and a L size so I bought the large but it's a bit big.

Return to Potty Training