hf1

Potty training help :)

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Potty training help :)

Postby emsy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:21 pm

When did your lo successfully day train and what words of wisdom/tips can you share with me :)
Tom is 32 months now and is not interested in potty training at all, he will tell me when he has weed or pood in his nappies or pants but he will plain blank refuse to sit on the toilette or potty, I'm happy to leave him be until he is ready but feel slightly pressured from nursery and friends littlies that are smaller but more interested in training
Any advice welcome x

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Potty training help :)

Postby confusinglady » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 pm

My advice is they have to want to do it. I don t necessarily mean don t do anything till they verbally tell you - mine would still be in nappies I reckon;) maybe work on planting the seed of interest and motivation. Books are always a good place to start and perhaps going with friends when they re little one goes as a little 'shall we see what so and so is doing ' , always more fun to copy your peers than do what mum says ;)

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it at his age, keep mentioning pants and potty/toilet every now again and one day he will completely surprise you and ask for it.

My avatar
MountainMan41
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MountainMan41 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

You could do what we did many years ago. Four or five days total, but can't remember which right now. I was preparing to take mid-term exams when our daughter was 24 months old. We sent her to my mother's for 4 or 5 days along with her 30 month old cousin who was also not yet potty trained. Both girls came home a few days later and neither ever needed a nappy again. :thumbsup: Sorry but my mother is deceased so is unavailable for new training. :widesmile: Good luck.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:09 am

Izzy just wanted to do it I think , she was dry by 22 months which really shocked me ! I didn't bother with a potty we just got a cushion seat for the toilet. Maybe go shopping for one or let him pick one online?

I think generally boys take a bit longer, my friends little boy just got dry now at age 3 I think my ephew was the same. People need to keep their nose out lol, If nursery are putting pressure on then let them do it ha ha. I know someone who actually did this! She snt him in undies and that was that :lol:

Does he see other people using the toilet? Make it really normal and even start putting the toys on and pretending they are weeing! Lots of nappy off time, we used to say oh well next time on the toilet if izzy weed on the floor.

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:12 pm

:giggle: I would love to see their faces if I sent a stack of undies and pants instead of nappies, I might try it, give them one day of cleaning up a piddly floor and I bet they'd shut up :giggle:

I don't think his nappies help :) he likes to chose his own pretty nappies to wear :roll: maybe if I changed all his nappies to plain ones and then let him pick some nice undies with his favourite carecters on he might be mor interested :giggle:

Return to Potty Training