hf1

OK now what?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

OK now what?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:38 pm

I seriously was not expecting this at all, but once the train starts I suppose you're stuck.

We're in the process of teaching lola the sign for 'potty' (until we get the hearing test next week I'm teaching her signs for everything). Yesterday Riley took it upon herself to 'teach' Lola the sign so when she went she took Lola and showed her the seat, the sign and showed her going (she's a great help! ) then Lola sat on the toilet and did a big wee :yahoo:

This morning everytime someone has gone to the loo she wants to go and sit there after them.

Now I'm not expecting anything, but what the heck do I do? Keep her in nappies and just let her try? Or do a 'method' way and put her in undies? She loves wearing the toot's undies as it is so that wouldn't be a hardship.

I'm not really prepared for this at all!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: OK now what?

Postby ems101 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:49 pm

I think id try pants whilst at home. if shes regularly willing to sit on the loo, she'll have plenty of opportunity to pee. It sounds like she is holding it enough if she is doing big wees!

Good luck, sounds good!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:57 pm

@ems101 honestly do you think I'm mad for even encouraging it?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Not at all! I love fluffy nappies but to be nappy free would be a blessing beyond!! James is no where close. Im thinking next summer...

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:19 pm

ems101 wrote:Not at all! I love fluffy nappies but to be nappy free would be a blessing beyond!! James is no where close. Im thinking next summer...

It just seems so early! although I probably shouldn't be shocked she's always been so far ahead on the physical things. It just seems daft though that she can hardly say a word.

But at least I don't have to go out and buy more undies she fits in the toot's undies :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Also she sees the toots go I presume. Its more of a social event now than it was for our first(s)! James seems to understand the process now more than jen did, he just hasnt got the physical capability of holding onto it

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:16 pm

ems101 wrote:Also she sees the toots go I presume. Its more of a social event now than it was for our first(s)! James seems to understand the process now more than jen did, he just hasnt got the physical capability of holding onto it

I totally see that sibling thing with her too, all she does is copy. Things like she can just about get a t-shirt on, on her own, the toots didn't really do that till they were 3 or so! and shoes - she's a whizz!

Return to Potty Training