hf1

Help please!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Help please!

Postby clothsister » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Chloe is 3 1/2 now and is dry through the day but at night is a really heavy wetter. I am not worried about her wearing a nappy at night as I know some children take longer to go dry through the night. However... Her newest trick is to have a wee in her nappy, wake herself up enough to take said nappy off then goes back to sleep. Meaning that a few hours later she wakes us up to change the sheets because she is now sleeping in pee. This happened twice last night. I've told her to let mummy know if she needs a new nappy (she doesn't like the feel of them once she has wet it) can anyone suggest a night nappy for a very heavy wetter? Or any tips on how to stop her being quite so wet at night. I'm limiting her liquid intake before bed, encouraging her to wee before she goes to sleep, just tried to lift her to see if that works but she fell asleep on the potty then stood up took herself back to bed, was super cute though. Any advice would be great. Like I said She's clearly not ready to go nappy free yet but this constant sheet changing/washing is driving me a little crazy.

Thanks all. xxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Help please!

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 pm

You could try putting the nappy on backwards to stop her taking it off. I got a cheap sheet and a cheap waterproof, cut them in half then sewed them together so you have a 1/2 sheet sheet means you can whip that off and there is clean dry sheets underneath. I even taught Louis to do it once he was old enough. I still use them now for the odd accidents.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:15 am

Im not sure if limiting liquids will help or hinder. Im sure I read somewhere that it can exacerbate the problem

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:24 pm

This will depend on your view on sposies but could you try a pull up so she feels drier? or start the night with cloth and leave her a pull up to put on herself when she takes her nappy off? No problem if you'd rather avoid them altogether.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 am

I am a bad bad person but we use disposables. And use pull ups. They have worked perfectly for us up until now. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:11 pm

clothsister wrote:I am a bad bad person but we use disposables. And use pull ups. They have worked perfectly for us up until now. X

Terrible terrible girl :evil: :giggle: :wink: @clothsister . Are you going to try cloth again with this one (and listen about not getting one type?? :giggle: ) :nosey:

Return to Potty Training