hf1

Potty training Willow - help/advice needed.

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Potty training Willow - help/advice needed.

Postby Kim » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:29 pm

A few days ago Willow decided she was too big for nappies. She has been pretty much dry at night for a month or so. Then her first morning wee was flooding every nappy we own. We started putting her on the potty when she woke up and in general she does a massive wee. She also does a potty wee before bed.
The problem is in between the two our success rate is minimal. She is in disposable pull ups and throwing them away every time is really annoying me.
I bought some training pants from the classifieds but I am thinking she will out wee them. She has one on now for the first time so we will see.

I just asked her if she needed a wee. She said 'no, potty stupid' then about 3 minutes later had done a wee in her pull ups.

Just wondering whether too keep going or put her back in nappies for a while.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Potty training Willow - help/advice needed.

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:12 pm

I'd just put her back in cloth, I don't think pushing it when she is still so young is worth it, I've always been very laid back with potty training and they have both done it fairly quickly and stress free.

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:03 am

I want to put her back into nappies and carry on doing the first/last wee in the potty but DH disagrees - he says we need to keep going now.

I have ordered some PUL to make some cloth pull ups so hopefully DH will agree to use them.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:54 am

@Kim I'm struggling with Remy and getting nappies on - I'm wondering if cloth pull ups aren't the answer for us as well. Have you found a pattern?

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:02 am

No I haven't, there are plenty on pintrest to add absorbency to normal undies but we need more than that.
I am going to base it on these which seem to be a rectangle with snap on stretchy wings. It has a pocket which I am not going to do, at least on the first one.
These are the grovia ones which are probably exactly what I need but really can't justify £13 a piece at this stage.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 am

I used pockets as pull ups for a while with E. Less stuffing and do the waist up in a looser snap and we could pull them up and down (as well as undo completely if there was a messy accident :oops: )

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:14 am

sim wrote:I used pockets as pull ups for a while with E. Less stuffing and do the waist up in a looser snap and we could pull them up and down (as well as undo completely if there was a messy accident :oops: )

:doh: :doh: Of course - I did this with Louis too!

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Today has been a day with no accidents at all. We have been out pretty much all day too. She went hours without a wee this afternoon I kept putting her on the potty/ loo but she said her wee was stuck in her bottom. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Maybe she needs a poo? I have found that with mine. Fingers crossed!

Return to Potty Training