hf1

Potty training out and about what do you do?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Potty training out and about what do you do?

Postby LynniferT » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:28 am

I do a lot of walking during the day,DS likes being out and about and at the moment he says he needs a wee roughly every 20 minutes or so. This is fine for the school run, short walk to the supermarket (that has a loo) or for the outlet that has a toilet on every corner but when we go to the park there is no toilet and it’s a good five minute walk home which he wouldn’t make if he needed wee. I do have a portable potty but I need to buy some liners for it so do I use that or do I take a spare potty and a bottle of water and rinse once hes done and pop under buggy.

He was desperate yesterday (asked 3 times on way back from postoffice and ended up holding him to have a wee between buggy and a wall to hide him. Not ideal :(

We didnt walk as much with the older ones when potty training so this wasnt an issue (i need to do my fitbit steps!)

Any tips?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Potty training out and about what do you do?

Postby ems101 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:32 am

I walked an awful lot whilst potty training the boys. I took a potty under the buggy but generally just held them under a tree! The routes in walked were quite quiet and woody so it was OK. Thankfully its quite a short period of needing to wee every 10mins so hopefully soon enough he will be able to go for longer

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:38 pm

I also found somewhere that he could pee - if they need to go they need to go - I think people are pretty understanding if they even noticed! In case of accidents I put nappies / boosters / inserts into the bottom of the stroller / car seat so if there was an accident it wasn't too bad.

Well done to Toby @LynniferT :thumbsup:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:22 pm

I just let Leon pee behind a tree especially in the park and as a toddler :)

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Yep let them pee behind a tree or bush :thumbsup: have never brought a portable potty. Same goes for long cardrives: get off the highway and behind a tree :giggle:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:57 pm

T has been peeing on trees or the car wheel so far.
He has been going a bit longer between wees but does ‘cluster’ wees too.
I have been taking the potty and a bottle of water with us to rinse out so thats not too bad.

We are going on hols in a week or 2... whats the etiquette of peeing on a beach? Is it allowed? :giggle:

Its quite handy as he shouts ‘i need a wee’ when he has to go! The others never did :hohoho:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:53 pm

He can just wee in the water - everyone else does :hohoho: @LynniferT
Where are you going on holiday?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:24 pm

Aeseldyr wrote:He can just wee in the water - everyone else does :hohoho: @LynniferT
Where are you going on holiday?

WSS :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:27 pm

We’re off to St Ives... i really dont fancy trips to the loos every 10 mins so it’ll have to be the sea :hohoho:

Next

Return to Potty Training