bad night advice please

My avatar
fairystar267
Clothie
Clothie

bad night advice please

Postby fairystar267 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:14 am

hi all
well lo has been in reusables for the last 3-4 mths and and was yet to take the plunge at nightime.
so my nightnotions was washed and ready in a tub upstairs for the last few weeks and last night we tried.
within 5-6 hours the sheets were soaked, his clothes were soaked and we were stripping beds :cry:
not happy, yet upon taking the nappy off it was soaked at both sides but the front had loads of dry patches???
any advice as i am now not going to bother at night and hubby has said disposables at night as hes in our bed.. :roll:
natx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: bad night advice please

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Nat,

Couple of questions for you...
What did you use as a wrap? And what did he wear over it? A too tight vest or sleepsuit can cause problems like that too...
What are the inserts for your night notion? If they're all hemp you might want to add a little bit of bamboo or microfibre as hemp absorbs slowly.
Also hemp takes 12 washes to reach optimum absorbency...

Hopefully it just needs a bit of adjustment and should work well... Is your LO a boy or girl (sorry don't remember!) as that can affect how you stuff it at night for some people...

My avatar
fairystar267
Clothie
Clothie

Re: bad night advice please

Postby fairystar267 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:38 am

hi
he s a boy and the nightnotions was bamboo outer and Main Body of the Insert - Bamboo Toweling
Rectangular poppered Booster - Hemp Fleece
i used a preloved weenotions wrap waterproof and he had loose pyjamas that are a size to big on as i use a breathing monitor attached to his nappy at night and needed to attach to the pyjs instead.
he was drenched!!
thanks
natx

Return to Night Nappies