hf1

Shall I get a Minki Pocket?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Shall I get a Minki Pocket?

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:02 am

Well, I can't use fitteds on charlotte at night anymore as she just gets sore and wakes up complaining. I am fed up of disps though :evil: So wondered if I should get a Minki pocket - never tried one before, Charlotte is 30lbs and hasn't put on any weight for months as she just seems to be getting taller and slimmer so shall I get a large or should I go bigger?

Or is there another pocket I could try for night time? She is still fairly wet in the morning, although not as bad as she was as she does have less milk before bedtime now.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Shall I get a Minki Pocket?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:07 am

Isabelle is around the same weight as Charlotte and the standard Minki we have is a large - fits fine and takes LOTS and LOTS of stuffing... I was considering going to the next size up but I'm not sure that wouldn't swamp her :? Certainly her SLINKI minki large is a bit on the small side for nights now as it can't take as much stuffing...

We just about get away with using our WNOS at night too (they're bigger than WN large pockets) but they can't take as much stuffing as the Minki...
Last edited by Velvetsteph on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Lack of brain this morning... Yes Annette I did mean the Slinki was too small :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:19 am

Do you mean the slinki is on the small side Steph? So you think I should get a standard large?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:33 am

I've got an XL slinki I'm using on Katie and that fits nicely - and she is skinny.

I was going to get a standard one as well but wasn't sure which size - think I'm going to try a large as they are supposed to be a bit bigger :?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:11 am

Yes I did Annette :roll: :lol: I plead baby brain...

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:23 pm

We have a large slinki and a couple of large standards, and the standard are definately a bigger fit. Evie is slim, and the velcro wraps right the way around, and it reaches her belly button, so loads of room to grow. While I love our bumhuggers these are taking over for our night nappies as Evies bum is bone dry in the morning and no rubbing at the tops of her legs either. They really are great.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:10 pm

I would say large standard orif you wanted the popper fasteining then an xl slinki with the poppers.

I had Lucas in a large standard and it was plenty big enough Annette.

I find them a great night nappy for the girls, Lucas used to complain though that they were too big so I ended up using large or xl fuzzi bunz overnight on him and they were fine too, no leaks, and less complaining from Lucas as they were slimmer fitting than the minki :wink:

jan x

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:21 pm

I have 4 standard ones and I absolutely love them. They take loooooooads of stuffing and have NEVER ever let me down at night.

Return to Night Nappies