hf1

Help - I want to get rid of the drynites.

My avatar
carolinejcarter
Clothie
Clothie

Help - I want to get rid of the drynites.

Postby carolinejcarter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:18 pm

My DD is 3.5 and was in cloth until she potty trained but we always used disposables at night and when she was potty training we put her in pull ups at night as she would not accept nappies.

Now she is occasionally dry at night but not fully. We are spending a small fortune on dry nites. And I dislike them, smelly horrible things. I'd like to get her into cloth, but she won't accept a nappy and is too big for any cloth nappies I have. She's 2st 9lb or 16.5 kg.

I was also thinking there might be a half way house by using something like cloth training pants (TB ones are pretty and would go down well with DD) although I'm aware they don't really act like a nappy. Hmmmm. Don't want to shell out a fortune especially as she might go dry soon. (Have a younger DS so if the cloth pull ups were neutral maybe I could excuse the expense). ME do a bedwetter pull up in white.

Does anyone have any pearly words of wisdom or suggestions.

Thanks,
Caroline

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help - I want to get rid of the drynites.

Postby Louise » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm

My 4 and 6 year old both wear Little Gumnut All Hours nappies with wool over the top. I wouldn't use training pants as they will probably leak badly as they're only designed to hold a small amount of liquid. I'm not sure about the Motherease bedwetter pants as I've never tried them. Nappies by Minki do a Yo-Yo which is a pull up nappy and their XL size is very generous so that might be worth a look? http://www.minkinappies.co.uk/index.php?cPath=34 We've successfully used their XL pocket nappies overnight.

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Help - I want to get rid of the drynites.

Postby kermitgirl » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Superundies or Motherease bedwetter pants are good http://www.babykind.co.uk/trainerpants.htm

My 6.5yo is in a mix of bedwetters and disps (Dry nights when on offer, size 6 own brand or huggies pull ups when on offer). My 4 year old is still in ordinary night nappies.

Return to Night Nappies