hf1

Seriously confused about night nappies!

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Seriously confused about night nappies!

Postby Bessandra » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Ok, so now Jonah is a little older, sleeping longer, peeing more etc etc.. I'm really keen to try some night nappies. I've been using BG aplix - big no no, he can undo the Velcro and basically, I just went off them! We are currently using RealEasy Hip Hip and I do like them but would like to broaden my horizons a little!
I bought some nappies by minki (or whatever they are!) but they are mahooosive!!!

So, I bought an Ella's House Bum Hugger and a rumparooz wrap last week - we are on hols so I haven't tried them yet.
Are they a good start?
What else can I try?
I'll be honest, I wasn't overly keen on the wool when we first started this venture but I see lots of it about on here, so what's the deal? Jonah has a grandma that knits - could she make us some Soakers?
I have a WN NN in the basket, with a matching wrap... Worth the money?
What are your experiences please?

Any advice would be appreciated, as always :-)

Thank you
Rachel x

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Seriously confused about night nappies!

Postby BingBongBoo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Fitted nappies generally make the best night nappies - especially is your LO is a heavier wetter. Most people use wool or fleece at night as they are more breatable than PUL wraps. They also allow some of the wee to evaporate while LO sleeps and generally keep baby more comfortable. I see no reason why Grandma couldn't knit a soaker - just make sure she uses actual wool and not an acrylic blend.

I loved my WNNN with DD1 but Lucious Little Somethings (LLS) also worked really well for us too.

Good luck!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:19 pm

It is a bit overwhelming to start with! I agree wool is great at night for the reasons given above. I loved my bumhuggers but I did need to boost. The thing with night nappies is just to get the boosting right for your lo, have you got some hemp or bamboo boosters? I started at night with simple nappies like tots bamboo then added heaps of layers to work out what I needed. Easy peasy bumble was huge but Louis wore it until he was 4! I highly rated bamboo and hemp nappies that were boostable. BGs just aren't big enough to get enough layers in. Trail and error is the key, and I always over boosted until I got the hang of what we needed! Good luck :widesmile:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:50 pm

I'd say the weenotions night fitted nappies were worth it, only now is the standard rise WNNN getting too small for my long bodied 3 1/4 year old. I'll ask them for a high rise next time.

We don't use wool, but I guess it's easier to wear over a well boosted night nappy than a PUL wrap.

I have heard of some pockets being good, as they are huge and have so much space for stuffing. I think it was the nappies by minki ones.

What has been said before about trial and error is quite correct.

Good luck!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 pm

We used WNNN until my boys got too tall, also LLS. Toddler size, we use HLBB, MbA & LoobyLu's which are great. WNNN are worth it IMO. We use wool covers at night.

Return to Night Nappies