hf1

Finding a night nappy that lasts more than 8 hours?

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Finding a night nappy that lasts more than 8 hours?

Postby cath » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:02 pm

We had a heavy wetter who had reflux & so she used to BF for comfort every hour through the night. We used Bububebe fitteds with wool soakers/longies & found them really good. As she got older, we needed to boost with a flip insert. By the time she was 18 months old, we needed a Bububebe with flip insert, then a wool soaker & finally a pair of fleece PJ's over the top of the soaker. I tried lots of other nappies but the Bububebe's worked best for us.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:06 pm

@cath we used boosted bububebes until 15 weeks but definitely wouldn't get them to last more than 6 hours atm. He has a flutterby fluff on with the trifold insert doubled over plus 3 boosters tonight but has PUL rather than wool as none of my medium soakers will fit over the large bum!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:54 pm

We use HL BB+ and LGN, but Aubrey sleeps 12 hours and only wakes once for a feed at 5.30am, then I change him after his next feed about 7.30am. When he was waking/feeding 2 hourly in the early weeks I used to add an EP Hemp insert folded in two at the front outside the nappy and under wool. I also put a prefold under his bum incase of leaks, but they are rare now.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:50 am

well his well boosted ff was wet but no leaks when he decided to poo at 4! He's not pooed at night ever! He's actually slept for 3 hours woohoo! Unfortunately as soon as he is in a light sleep he rolls onto his tummy.If he turned his head I'd leave him but he buries his face in the mattress and then moans so I am not getting much sleep!

Previous

Return to Night Nappies