hf1

Help - soggy 1 year old! better wrap? more boost? wool?

My avatar
smaths
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Help - soggy 1 year old! better wrap? more boost? wool?

Postby smaths » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Update: my wool has arrived today so we're trying it out... I did also get the thirsties wrap suggested by @lazylexis, it arrived yesterday and we didn't have any leaks last night using it. :thumbsup:

ImageImage

I got a medium but it's a bit snug with all my stuffing (only 2 hemp boosters but they look HUGE) so I might need to size up. Bit nervous about what awaits me tomorrow morning, but I have faith! All you mums can't be wrong :D

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:54 pm

I hope it works well. We love wool and new baby will be in wool full time when they are in fitteds. There's a great wool section on here if you need any help with washing/lanolising etc.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Have faith, wool is magic :) Has it been lanolised? Most WAHMs will lanolise before sending out, but some don't and I find for overnight its best when the wool has been lanolised a couple of times so don't panic if its a wee bit wet in the morning. We are using WeeNotion Night Notions here with wool and they are the best combo for us - the fleece inner means D's bum is always dry - I have 2, though they are large, but if you would like to borrow one for the night to try then I should have one dry tomorrow? We are light on wool though :oops: (you would think we had tonnes but D has outgrown Mediums so I'm slowlymaking her large size else I would have offered to lend you some :oops: )

My avatar
smaths
Clothie
Clothie

Postby smaths » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Yes @eviesmummy it was well lanolised, it's a trial soaker from littlepants. I think I might sell the bedbugs again (and my LL bamboos) and try night notions. I have no idea how people manage with the btp sets of 20 nappies, I've chopped and changed my way through about 6 types and brands of nappy so far! Thank goodness I found this site for second hand buying and selling.

I love the idea of wool though, I wish I could knit! I have been reading the wool section on here and it is inspiring me to maybe try and give it a go, I mean I did it in primary school and knitted a case for my recorder, but it's not really quite the same!!

My avatar
smaths
Clothie
Clothie

Postby smaths » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 am

WOW! Wool IS magic! No leaks to report, I'm very impressed. I will definitely need to go up a size though.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:34 am

Wahoo :D So glad you found a solution.
Now go and visit www.pixieknits.co.uk to become completely addicted :giggle:

My avatar
Thinkerbell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Thinkerbell » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:45 am

Now, I'm answering on the basis of old experience here, as I'm not up to date on the nappies on the market now. In my experience, the Huggles from Nappies by Minki, boosted with some sturdy inserts, was one of the few solutions to keep a heavy wetter dry at night. What could be the problem with these, was that the terry is a bit if you line-dry (we do), and could rub the skin on the inside of the thigh. We solved this by using a wool or fleece cover that covered the whole nappy rather than pull-up covers with legs at night.

We also used pocket nappies from Nappies by Minki, and in the end I made my own minkee-lined, fleece outer night pockets for one of my kids as he had extremely sensitive skin and needed something that was soft enough not to scratch, really absorbent (fixed that by having room enough for some heavy-duty inserts) and more breathable than what a PUL-layer can allow.

Previous

Return to Night Nappies