hf1

Dry feeling night nappy?

My avatar
bobbins
Clothie
Clothie

Dry feeling night nappy?

Postby bobbins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:13 pm

hello! I'm kind of new around here, looking for advice.

My 9 month old is currently in Tots Bots Fluffles and Motherease wraps at night time, which are doing a grand job of keeping him leak-free.

However, they're always soaking in the morning, and the I think he finds the wetness to be a little uncomfortable.

I don't like to change him when he's half asleep and fussing, because then he'd wake up and muck about for an hour or
two :/

SO, my question is, are there any good night nappies that stay feeling dry even when they are really wet?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Dry feeling night nappy?

Postby Shaunie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Have you tried a fleece, minkee or stay-dry liner in his nappies?

My avatar
bobbins
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bobbins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 pm

that's a good point actually, the fluffles are lined with fleece but perhaps a minkee liner might help.

in fact, i have some suedecloth in my stash somewhere, i'll give it a go :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:45 pm

I would try a dedicated night nappy if the fluffles still feel wet as the fleece should keep baby dry. We like minkee lined Wee Notions Night Notions.

My avatar
bobbins
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bobbins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks - I'll keep an eye out in the classifieds for one. Wee Notions still need a wrap, right?

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:45 pm

We use Motherease Onesize Staydry nappies with a Moterease Staydry popper booster and a night soaker (microfibre or terry night booster) tucked in between the pop-in booster and the main nappy. With a ME wrap over the top this has worked brilliantly for all my three, and the stay-dry fabric really does seem to keep them dry (I also use paper liners but that's more for poo protection for the nappy than for the staydry effect!) the nappy weighs a ton in the morning but we haven't had a leak yet!

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:46 pm

(and the best thing aboutthat is you can use ME in the day too if you run out of prettier fluff an it's not too enormous without the boosters in!)

Return to Night Nappies