Night nappy advice for 3 1/2 month old

My avatar
dodda
Clothie
Clothie

Night nappy advice for 3 1/2 month old

Postby dodda » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi

I've been using a bamboo flat folded in a kite fold and boosted with a hemp booster and two bamboo boosters covered by a motherease airflow wrap. LO sleeps about 12 hours through the night and gets changed 1-2 times when he wakes up because otherwise he wakes up and stays awake. The nappy is always completely soaked and he has a bit of nappy rash that always seems worse in the morning so I think it because of the nappy being saturated. He is a big wetter and through the day needs changing every 1-2 hours in terries even when boosted with bamboo or microfibre. Any ideas for a night time solution that won't break the bank but will last more than 4 hours without being soaked through.

I've been reading about the wool wraps but not sure how they work. Can you still put sleep suits and sleeping bag on baby or would they end up wet? Do they leave wet patches where baby is laying as he is still staying in one place through the night?

Any ideas much appreciated as his bum is sooo huge with all the boosters and its not working so can't put any more in..

Thanks

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Night nappy advice for 3 1/2 month old

Postby lazylexis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:42 pm

We used dedicated night nappies from about 4 months. They are cheaper to buy preloved. I always found microfibre useless as a booster particularly with a heavy wetter. We used little gumnuts night nappies in small to start with. Not cheap but did work. Other people I know used little lambs or tots bots bamboozle stretch with extra boosters but they weren't absorbent enough for us. Boosted bububebes worked for us for a while but they don't come up preloved v often.
Another option could be a nappy by minki - I used to use terry nappies folded inside or inserts like Ptit dessous & easy peasy hemp in our smalls
Are u using fleece liners?

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Holden's Landing Bedbug (or Bedbug Plus), probably medium size. We got ours from Kingdom of Fluff and Classifieds.

My avatar
dodda
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dodda » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks for the ideas.

I have some tots bots and little lambs that I got preloved but although they last 2-3 hours still not much good for through the night. I use LL bamboo boosters and easy peaty hemp. I have a couple of LL fleece liners which I use when not putting cream on him otherwise I use just micro fleece ones I've cut out. The past week I've been putting metanium on to try and get on top of this rash and its help a bit but like I said its always worse in the morning. He has at least 2 20 mins apply free times through the day.

I used the new pop ins on my toddler as night nappies with the night time insert so I've dug one of them out to try. Its just having a freshen up atm for later. It looks like it will be massive on him though.

Tonight I've put him down with a small bamboo terry prefolded inside a large bamboo terry with EP hemp booster. I tried this the other night and slthough a but better than just the bamboo boosters come 1ish when he wakes up it will be sopping and the inside of the wrap will be wet as well.

My mum can't understand how she used normal terries in me. Day and night without boosters or anything and we were never soaked.

Fill you pants have got buy one get one half price on there nappies. Are any of there night time nappies worth trying?

Thanks for all your help.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:31 pm

None of their night nappies would last us overnight- they all seem to be day nappies rather than proper nighttime ones. My mum used to use 2 terries on me ! Is the hemp on the outermost side furthest from baby? Hemp is q slow to absorb so I tend to put it between nappy & wrap at night.

My avatar
dodda
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dodda » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks for your message. ATM he's got two bamboo terries on. With the small one folded in three inside the large one in a kite fold and the EP hemp between the two if that makes any sense? I tend to use ME airflow wraps at night so don't think a booster on the outside would stay put?

I can't believe a little 14 week old can wee this much!!!

My avatar
dodda
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dodda » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:23 am

Well the pop-ins were useless!!! I had the night time booster in there as well and after 4 hours LO was awake crying. He was soaked through, had an explosion up the back which was only just contained and his clothes and sleeping bag were also wet. The 2 bamboo terries was better after 5 hours...
Will have to start looking at proper night times...

Return to Night Nappies