hf1

Front sleeper leaks!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Front sleeper leaks!

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:57 am

We use medium weenotions night nappies and thirsties duo size 2 wraps (unpoppered to the full rise) at night. He's been waking soaked regularly and it's when he sleeps on his front.

There are no gaps or gaping at the legs and it doesn't seem to happen at the waist when we put it on at bedtime, but it is def coming from the waist and not the legs. I'm not sure what to do next.

We do have some size 1 tots bots wraps but they are a bit small for the WNNN, so what do you suggest?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Front sleeper leaks!

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:02 am

wool? or fleece wraps?

When Lockie was doing some super night wees (at around 2) he wasn't in cloth at night then, but I used to put a fleece shorts things on him and it really stopped the soaking wet through.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:05 am

Sadly wool isn't an option for us due to allergies. I might be tempted by fleece though of it stops the leaks. Do you use it on Lola?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:52 am

Sounds like your getting compression leakage from front sleeping.
Made worse by being a boy and widdling all at the front too.

Try folding a bamboo booster up and placing it at the front of his nappy.
That worked for James when he was in nappies!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:56 am

Ok, I shall try that tonight. I might do a strange thing by actually folding it over and in his nappy and then making sure the wrap cover it all.

At least it's no better in dispos, so no reason to swap :)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:44 pm

JabberJabber wrote:Sadly wool isn't an option for us due to allergies. I might be tempted by fleece though of it stops the leaks. Do you use it on Lola?

Sadly no, I've decided not to use NN on the fat one, one reason is the cost, i would have easily gone through 3 sizes already with her massive girth! and to be honest the smell from when the toots had nn made me :puke:

Although she soaked through a dispo last night so may try a boosted easyfit on her. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and that way I can do some knitting.

But I was amazed at the fleece, lockie was soaking through his jimjams and bed linen every night in a dispo, popped a fleece shortie on top and voila!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:36 pm

We could never get wnnn to work with Eddie.
We're using Minki fitted nappies now with the Minki all fleece wrap. They are super bulky but allow you to put lots of boosting at the front.
I found wnnn too trim and I couldn't get enough boosting at the front without gaping or Ed looking really uncomfortable.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:11 pm

I fold the boosters to the front for DS, and fold an EP hemp booster in half too and put that between the nappy and the wrap at the front. DS sleeps on his tummy too and that works for us

Return to Night Nappies