hf1

Night nappies help needed - saturated with red marks on legs

My avatar
littlepinkfluffbum
Clothie
Clothie

Night nappies help needed - saturated with red marks on legs

Postby littlepinkfluffbum » Thu May 30, 2013 9:58 am

My 13 month old is currently teething with a vengeance and is feeding loads throughout the night (cue not enough sleep for mum!).

Recently we have been getting red marks around the top of dd's legs which I have put down to her night nappy being too saturated and rubbing/irritating her legs (possibly with potent teething wee too?). So, I changed from well boosted regular nappies to her large WNNN which she can just about get away with wearing without much leg gape (dd is a dainty 18.5lb). The first couple of nights went well, nappy not too soggy and no more red lines. However this morning the nasty red marks have reappeared and nappy was pretty saturated.

We use wool. We do get damp leg holes on dd's vest but otherwise clothes are dry (vest is very loose so not a wicking issue). Last night I'd boosted with one LL bamboo booster. I also have some thicker TB bamboo boosters and I will try one of these tonight.

Anyway, to get to the point :giggle: Do you think I need to buy a more absorbent nn (I was thinking about a LLS heavy wetter nn) or just use more boosters? Or, should I use different boosters entirely in which case, what do you suggest?

I was going to order another nn tonight anyway which was going to be another WNNN but now I'm not sure!!

If any of you lovely ladies can offer advice, I'd be very grateful :thumbsup:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Night nappies help needed - saturated with red marks on legs

Postby Dora » Thu May 30, 2013 10:10 am

The most absorbant night nappies I have tried are wild child dnn+ They are amazing but take a while to dry due to the body of it containing bamboo etc. It also comes with a couple of boosters. I dont think id use a vest with wool but i think thats a personal preference. Are you using longies then? I replied to your other post about lls-the fit on them is v small so read up on the rise measurements etc if you do order. Wnn are much bigger. I also use itti bitti boo's (v small fit also), holdens landing and bububebe.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu May 30, 2013 10:12 am

Eta: hemp is good as lower absorbant layer (never use on top). The more absorbant nappy-whatever make-will be a slimmer fit than a less absorbant with loads of boosters so may be more comfortable or a better fit around the legs x

My avatar
littlepinkfluffbum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby littlepinkfluffbum » Thu May 30, 2013 10:33 am

I use a wool soaker with a vest over the top and then a sleepsuit or pyjama top depending on the temp. Need to upgrade my wool too as they are struggling to fit over these bigger night nappies! Maybe some shorties for summer with a PJ top and ditch the vest?

It is always so difficult to know which size to buy in a different brand. My only concern with the large LLS is that the rise looks a lot bigger )according to the measurements) than the large WNNN. But I guess she'd fill it in the end. :giggle:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 am

I'd switch to longies-then you havent got the extra layers around the legs of the vest top or soaker. Also-less laundry as you wont need the pj's as well. Honestly I didnt find lls generous on rise at all. Maybe have an ask around to see what others thought of the fit-postage is expensive if you have to return them. If I still had mine i'd offer you mine to use but I sold them ages ago. When its too warm to use longies you can switch to boardies xx

My avatar
littlepinkfluffbum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby littlepinkfluffbum » Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 am

Dora wrote:The more absorbant nappy-whatever make-will be a slimmer fit than a less absorbant with loads of boosters so may be more comfortable or a better fit around the legs x

Yep, that is exactly what I was thinking. There has to be a point where actually you'd be better off with a thirstier nappy than stuffing with extra layers.

So frustrating to know what to do for the best :-? Just want to get dd sorted once and for all x

My avatar
littlepinkfluffbum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby littlepinkfluffbum » Thu May 30, 2013 10:52 am

Dora wrote:I'd switch to longies-then you havent got the extra layers around the legs of the vest top or soaker. Also-less laundry as you wont need the pj's as well. Honestly I didnt find lls generous on rise at all. Maybe have an ask around to see what others thought of the fit-postage is expensive if you have to return them. If I still had mine i'd offer you mine to use but I sold them ages ago. When its too warm to use longies you can switch to boardies xx

Ah thanks for all your advice. I'll start another post on LLS fit and then hopefully I can place an order of some sort tonight :giggle:

A bit of a thicky question: when you use the longies and then boardies what did your lo wear on the top half? Thanks x

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu May 30, 2013 12:10 pm

A long sleeve top :)

My avatar
littlepinkfluffbum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby littlepinkfluffbum » Fri May 31, 2013 10:03 pm

Update: I ordered a large LLS in the end after speaking with Beth. Even if it looks a bit big now, it should last dd until she PTs, so definitely better value for money. Now just have to be patient for a few weeks before it arrives :-)

Return to Night Nappies