hf1

Night Time pants (not nappies) for children

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Night Time pants (not nappies) for children

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:57 am

We've still not made any progress with this. I think I will try the bed protectors @littlesez

Isn't being dry overnight more to do with a chemical in the brain than a practised behaviour?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:52 pm

I have no idea how it works but izzy night nappies were absolutely full to the brim so I thought she wasn't ready but as soo as we took them off she started trying :)

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm thinking about trying again with Isaiah once the weather gets a bit warmer and I can get washing out on the line. I tried last summer but he just got too upset everytime he wet the bed and didn't want to do it anymore. I'm super conscious about though since I had problems until my teens.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:57 pm

@jabberjabber

You can't really night train in the same way you can daytime potty train.
Their brains need to recognise a full bladder in their sleep and wake them up. It's not something you can 'teach/learn'

Boys are commonly later at night dryness than girls and it's not unusual for a child to still be bed wetting at 7/8.

'Lifting' or putting them on the toilet when you go to bed is counter productive. You aren't teaching them to recognise a full bladder - just reinforcing weeing in the night when they are still asleep.

Give it time.

James only night trained about 5 months ago. He was almost going through but would wet around 4-5am. And he was a very heavy sleeper.
Then all of a sudden he was sleeping through with a dry nappy in the morning. He still very occasionally has an accident If he has a big drink before bed.

As long as the child is not distressed by wearing nappies/pull-ups then I wouldn't force the issue and just encourage weeing before bed and first thing in the morning.

My avatar
clarabel3
Clothie
Clothie

Postby clarabel3 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:27 pm

hi we have used minki pull ups (yoyos) with success, easy to stuff and adjust absorbency found them to fit well. also minki xl pockets as my little one didn't mind that they were nappies. she's just stopped wearing them at 5 and so far we have had a week of dry nights with only 1 little wee!

Previous

Return to Night Nappies