Please help - very heavy wetter

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Please help - very heavy wetter

Postby moonfruit » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi

Things are getting so bad with Lottie that I am thinking of putting her back into disposables :evil: I seem to have cracked night nappies with both boys but every morning Lottie is soaked through. We always use a wool or fleece cover (sometimes longies or if not a soaker under her sleepsuit.) When we use the soaker she is wearing a fleece sleepsuit. I have tried NN, with a hemp and bamboo insert, boosted with a BB mf and help insert, baby beehinds, again with a booster and a minki pocket stuffed to the limit. Any ideas?

Thanks Lisa x

My avatar
Jamling
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Please help - very heavy wetter

Postby Jamling » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi Lisa

I found that the best combo for Jamie is a babeco bamboo night booster and either a WN hemp NN insert or Hemp babies Bigger Weed underneath. I use either WN night notions (got a couple of lovely cotton velour ones :D ) or Babeco Bootylicious. I also put on 2 layers of wool, soaker plus longies, his backside is enormous with all this on but it does mean a nice dry boy/bed/grobag. I've not tried fleece soakers or sleep suits so I can't offer any advise on those. Jamie certainly wouldn't make it through the night with a NN insert without adding a lot more boosting so maybe some more hemp layers might help. I don't use any microfibre at night anymore as I think it tends to squishes out excess wetness. :(

Hope you find a solution. :D

Nikki

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:44 pm

I also boost NNs with extra hemp.

Can I ask - is it the nappy which is absolutely soaked or is it coming through the wrap/soaker onto her clothes etc?

Bella's nappies are soaked through - and they are huge!! - but the wetness doesn't come through her wool, so it would appear the nappies are working.

I would also suggest switching the MF for a a different, natural fibre insert. MF is a bit of a sponge and will just let the wetness out if it gets too full or compressed. I use a LOT of hemp in Bella's nappies for the added absorption.

HTH.

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi

She is wet all the way through to her grobag :( So tonight she is wearing a night notions boosted with 2 extra hemp inserts, a fleece backed bamboo liner, a fleece soaker and a pair of longies. No m/f insight.

Hoping this may work. I really don't want her back in disposables. I'll let you know how we get on.

Thanks for the advice,

Lisa x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:44 pm

Does she drink a lot before bed Lisa?
Sorry I'm not sure how old she is :?
And is she a heavy wetter in the daytime?

Also how tight is her sleepsuit over her nappy? (assuming you don't use a vest?)

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi Steph

She's a really heavy wetter during the day. We use pockets when out visiting and she goes through her BB in about 1.5-2hours if I'm lucky. She has a beaker of milk before bed, no more than her twin brother. He's fine in the day, his BB can last him about 3 hours, sometimes 4. She is wearing the next size up sleepsuit when we use them, and I just leave her vest with the poppers undone. Hoping the hemp and two layer wrap might help.

Lisa x

Return to Night Nappies