hf1

Gah stupid night time

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Gah stupid night time

Postby Slebro » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:49 pm

I've not posted for ages but need to have a little moan where people get what I'm talking about! DS2 is 5 and a half months or something similar (I really don't know how old - I figured it out last week but can't remember now. I can't remember anything anymore!) and feeds a lot at night. About a month or so ago he was weeing through the disposable he was in (size 3 back then). We have always used daytime cloth and night time sposies as that's what worked best with ds1, even though we had a wrap over the sposie for ds1. But with ds2 that didn't work, so I sized up the nappy. Still no good. I sized up again to a 5 and no good. ...
... long boring story sorry :( ...
Anyway, he's been in a mix of whatever I can cobble together at night for ages now, either 2 cotton terries with a booster, 1 cotton 1 bamboo (maybe with a booster), a bamboozle and a duo hemp prefold and a booster, etc etc. All covered in a blueberry coverall - the biggest wraps we have.

Tonight I folded the nappies for bedtime (not pleased it was a 2 cotton terry night as it's obv huge) and ds2s coverall is still drying so I tried a totsbots size 2. This fitted over last nights bamboozle, hemp, and booster combo but didn't come close this evening. So I went and got another blueberry wrap and by the time I got back (ds2 was lying in the middle of our bed with bed rail up btw) he's half undone the nippa and pulled the nappies all over. So I gave up as he was grumpy and just wanted bed. I got the only size 6 disposable we had and he's in that with a wrap as I don't think it'll last till midnight :(

The point of all this is just that he was tired and hungry and I'm having to faff and try and sort stupid nappies out because nothing is dry. :-x When he cries I'm stressed and get snappy and then feel guilty because he's just telling me stuff. Sigh.

Does anyone else really really struggle with this weather to get nappies dry fast enough? They are having sposie days because I can't get anything dry, sometimes there are 2 nappy washes drying now it's that slow. And it makes it such a struggle to get anything together for night time.

Other than buying anything else, (as with Christmas coming, and me trying to save for a shortie and a haircut I really don't want to buy anything else) how do you all deal with no dry nappies / not enough night time nappies?

Also, ds1 can't be that far off being out of nappies so buying anything else really seems superfluous as then there'll be enough nappies for an extra day in the rotation!

I don't know what I'm looking for here - maybe some sympathy or someone to share similar experiences so I know I'm not alone?! :loopy: :widesmile:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Gah stupid night time

Postby sim » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 pm

:hug: :hug: You have my sympathy!

Lachlan is now just past 6 months and he went thorough a phase of out wearing absolutely everything at night. Sposies were the worst!

He is in a various combinations of nappies and boosters. Stretchies with a PD bamboo booster and a hemp booster are my favourite combo, other nappies require two hemp boosters!
I'm sorry to say that our saviour was the hemp boosters - cheap, super absorbent and slim.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks for the sympathy @sim! I knew other people would have had the same experience I just needed to ask....

gaaaah I'm pretty sure I am actually going to have to find the money to buy something else. A bit of me is not fussed to be buying new nappies apart from being hopeless st making decisions - I seem to get stuck between trying to spend as little as as possible but still get something that works. Which hemp boosters do you use Sim? Have just remembered I've got some little lls which have the loose boosters do you think a few of them could help add boosting without so much bulk I can't do up the wrap

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:24 pm

I think Lola is a heavy wetter too. Well she just drinks alot and all that has to come out at some point!

The only thing that has worked for me with disposables has been to have a fleece shorties on the top. Its the only way she won't pee through and soak everything.

The other thing that has worked well for my super pee-er is a WNNN with minky on the inside and out.

I do have a pair of boy coloured fleece short things if you want them FFP - not sure what it would be post wise but only a couple of pounds I think. I can only just about cram lola into them now with a disposable on, so I'll never use them again.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:35 pm

LL boosters are my second choice (I use them doubled at the front.
I like the Easy Peasy Hemp boosters. Once washed a few times they are fantastically absorbent and pretty cheap too. I put them outside the nappy or underneath the bamboo as they are slow to absorb so aren't good close to the bum!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 pm

mmm I'd wondered about fleece and spent a few evenings debating trying minky fleece wraps.

That would be great please @gilbertandmartha! I know Lola I've seen you describe Lola as, um, a little larger than tge average baby and my youngest is too (not immense at the 91st centile but still big!) so I know they'll fit!!

I wish I'd bought easy peasy hemp boosters 2 years ago as I thought about it when ds1 was seeing for Britain. We could have had all that use out of them! I'll give the ll a go first (can't believe I forgot about them I've been so desperate for anything to boost and had a handful there all along :/) but it may just have to happen.

Thanks for the advice ladies :)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Slebro wrote:mmm I'd wondered about fleece and spent a few evenings debating trying minky fleece wraps.

That would be great please @gilbertandmartha! I know Lola I've seen you describe Lola as, um, a little larger than tge average baby and my youngest is too (not immense at the 91st centile but still big!) so I know they'll fit!!

I wish I'd bought easy peasy hemp boosters 2 years ago as I thought about it when ds1 was seeing for Britain. We could have had all that use out of them! I'll give the ll a go first (can't believe I forgot about them I've been so desperate for anything to boost and had a handful there all along :/) but it may just have to happen.

Thanks for the advice ladies :)

HAHa yes lola is definitely a larger than your average baby! Send me your address and I'll pop it in the post tomorrow, then we can sort pp out after when I know how much it is.

@Slebro

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:00 pm

:) :love: :cnthug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:48 am

Leon pees through anything ! Not surprised as he feeds a million times a night ! we only have 2 fail safe nn. They take forever to dry and are getting too small so i bit the bullet and spent a fortune on 4 large ones. I know i won't regret it and can save them for future babies. :)

When i am fudging it i tend to fold a couple of boosters for the front section. Put wool soaker on then fleece sleepsuit.

Next

Return to Night Nappies