hf1

Fleece pants trial is on!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Fleece pants trial is on!

Postby Slebro » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:21 pm

clothmama wrote:Oh shame! I do hope it works out for you, I think it is just a case of trail and error. I had a nightmare with Louis in a red fleece Tots Bots wrap when Louis was tiny and was always too scared to try again but got on wonderfully with wool (starting with a really really felted old jumper that I turned into a bumsweater - it was bombproof!)

@clothmama thanks, I hope we can figure it out too! If tonight's attempt doesn't work maybe 2 terries folded together will fit under it to try tomorrow. It's like my own personal mental agility challenge every evening!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:21 pm

:giggle: :giggle: fingers crossed for tonight!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:01 am

330am and he's had a full change :( wet through both terries onto bed too though not so bad as I'll need to change it.

Now in a size 4 dispo (5s in other room) and a pul wrap over the top but I know he has wet through some pul wraps in the past (hadn't known it could be done!) so am not even confident about this. I know he's only wetting this much because he's feeding so much but this is so aggravating! Or maybe it isn't really aggravating , it just feels it because I haven't slept for so long because he is feeding so much?! :roll:

:drama:

:bf:

:zombie:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:11 am

Oh no :hug: :hug: what exactly did you put on nappy wise and boosting wise? How old is he?

I really hope you all get some more sleep and feel a bit better in the morning :hug:

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am

Ds2 is 6 months - I remember having similar problems with his brother but we could still use a sposie overnight just with a wrap and booster over the top. I've already tried that with ds2 and the pul wrap ended up so wet it may as well have been in the wash :-?

The first night we tried the fleece he had a (newish) bamboo lollipop, 2 small ll boosters and a cotton terry pad folded. This definitely lasted longer than last night which was a size 5 disposable with the fleece over it.

So tonight I'm going to try an old bamboozle ass the lollipop is fairly new and might not be holding much. I'll see if the hemp duo is dry and put that in, otherwise it'll have to be whatever is clean and dry probably a cotton terry.

Maybe if that doesn't work I'll just have to change him overnight, it's not as though though I'll be waking him to change as he's feeding all night anyway! I just have a to wake up more then :(

My lovely dh let me sleep in this morning and took the boys through for breakfast so I do feel human today!

Any advice is gratefully received :widesmile:

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:27 am

Oh, what I have been using on him since the first problems meant I had to try different stuff is a bamboozle, a terry or hemp duo and miscellaneous bamboo boosters... whatever is there, sometimes ll sometimes itti bitti! This has been just fitting under a blueberry or capri wrap. It's all sodden in the morning but hasn't leaked so far so at least I've got an option to fall back to. :)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:09 pm

How is it going? @Slebro

I'm trying a fleece soaker under wool longies tonight, with a bamboozle + a petit dessous insert + 2 hemp boosters.

He has an enomous bottom :giggle:

@gilbertandmartha how fitted (or not) should a fleece soaker be?

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:52 pm

sim wrote:How is it going? @Slebro

I'm trying a fleece soaker under wool longies tonight, with a bamboozle + a petit dessous insert + 2 hemp boosters.

He has an enomous bottom :giggle:

@gilbertandmartha how fitted (or not) should a fleece soaker be?

I feel sorry for the little legs stocking of huge night nappies and prop his feet up on blankets! Let me know how it goes maybe that's something to try next!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:52 pm

*sticking

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies