hf1

What do you recomend?

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

What do you recomend?

Postby clairelana » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:54 pm

I've been reading up on previous posts. I'm thinking about buying a Minki pocket to try at night.
Are the slim ones ok for night or am i better with a normal one?
Also what kind of soaker will i need?

Claire

P.s Anyone have a small girly one to sell?

I ended up being inpatient and buying 2 minki pockets with medium soaker's. I know i can use my terry squares to stuff if need be. I also have a couple of pre-folds too.
Still interested if anyone has any small/medium ones for sale.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: What do you recomend?

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:43 pm

Standard Minki pockets are meant to be good overnight, although we don't use them (I have a Slinki Minki we use during the day though and that works well). The stuffing you'll need depends on how heavily your LO wets. Natural and manmade fibers hold liquid differently (within vs between fibers), so a combination often works well - we use microfibre on top of hemp. But it really is down to trial and error as to what works best for you. Easy Peasy hemp inserts are nice and cheap and you can pick up MF cloths in supermarkets. Otherwise something like a Fuzzi Bunz insert works for us, too.

As for other night nappies, we use two parters rather than pockets overnight: Baby Beehinds bamboo fleece, Ella's House Bumhuggers, Swaddlebees Organic Velour One-Size and a Holden's Landing BedBug. They can all last for about 11 hours, although I do usually top-up the absorbancy by adding more hemp (Iris can be a heavy wetter). And I always add a fleece liner to help her to feel dry overnight (a cheapo fleece baby blanket cut to size to completely cover the nappy works a treat).

There's a wanted section here, too, as well as the sale classifieds.

HTH

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:52 pm

We have a some minki pockets for night. We have both the slinki and the standard types.
My favourite is the slinki due to the fit around the waist.
We have quite a flood at night, so we can fit:
A happy heiny hemp insert + the oval, 2 ellas house hemp inserts and a microfibre insert into the large slinki
At this stage it really shouldn't be called slinki.
I've tried one of the minki soakers, and we definately couldn't use that on it's own without some hemp underneath.

We also have 2 nightnotions which we cover in longies for the winter or a skirtie in the summer.
We find the nightnotions and wool breathes better, so the nappy doesn't feel as heavy in the morning, but if her skin is a little on the red side, then the minkis are a lot kinder on her bot.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Thanx ladies.
I will see how we go. I'm sure i'll be ordering some more soon.....lol

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:57 pm

I loved the nappies by minki overnight, preferred the standard ones over the slinki, just because Evie is a skinny minnie and I like the crossover tabs on the standard to get a better fit on her. I used the p'tit dessous super bamboo insert with 2 easy peasy hemp inserts and that lasted my moderate to heavy wetter overnight with no problems at all.

I would say now that they are a big fitting nappy - I used the small size on Evie until she was about 13 months old.

Sadie xx

Return to Night Nappies