hf1

Why does my LO stink if she wears cloth at night?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Why does my LO stink if she wears cloth at night?

Postby Rufies mama » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:40 pm

My LO wears cloth full time during the day with no problems but when I've tried to put her in cloth at night she absolutely reeks by the morning and even during the night. We co-sleep and the last time she wore cloth at night (Wee notions night nappy with wool over the top) she stank of kippers or copydex glue in the middle of the night. I could smell it laying in bed without having to actually sniff her. I've tried other nappies too, Bambooty nights, little gumnut etc with a normal wrap or wool. I thought it was a Summer problem at first but it was just as bad in the Winter. So now she's wearing disposables at night and they don't smell fishy at all (they go on the woodburner in the am).
I never had this problem with my first baby.

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Why does my LO stink if she wears cloth at night?

Postby Rufies mama » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:41 pm

Oops, sorry for the essay! :lol:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:56 pm

All of my lot have really smelly night nappies :puke: I think its just where the urine is more concentrated at night combined with the nappy being on for so long.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:04 pm

We've always had stinky night nappies too. The whole room would reek by morning. I tried lots of different combinations but nothing worked really. I think it was just the concentrated night wee.

In the end I went back to sposies at night as the smell of her cloth nappies was so dreadful. It works for us and I don't think one disposable a day is that bad.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:45 pm

My twins were like this, their room absolutely stank in the morning, and I think I gave up on cloth at night around 18 months or so. Lola on the other hand is fine, a bit stinky somedays, but not the I need a gas mask kind of smell. But she also doesn't wee much :lol:

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:56 pm

^^^ wts mine always stink awfull too :puke:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Another one with a stinky night wee-er. It's not unbearable so we roll with it...

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:56 pm

I'm glad I'm not alone I suppose. I thought you might all be telling me to strip my nappies.. It seems there's nothing to be done so we'll stick to our one 'Eco' disposable a night and hope she potty trains soon. Thanks for your replies.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 am

Yeh leon stinks Too!

Return to Night Nappies