hf1

Night nappy solution?

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Night nappy solution?

Postby Dancing mum » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:22 am

My LO is 9 months old and outpeeing Weenotions night notion nappies and puddlekins nappies, both of which I put 1 or 2 additional large bamboo boosters / a hemp booster or a small bamboo prefold between nappy and wrap!
I can't fit a large prefold and the night nappy inside the wrap (I've tried) so not sure what would be best?
Any suggestions? Was thinking a small hemp prefold might do the trick instead of bamboo one. Anyone else tried this?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Night nappy solution?

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:36 am

What wraps are you using? Wool is probably your best option as it allows some evaporation and also lots of room to boost. Hemp is a great storage material, slow to absorbe but holds a lot so definitely worth trying.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:11 am

Ok thanks I'll try hemp instead of bamboo.
I just bought a lovely pair of Longies from Littlesez but been too worried to use them without a wrap incase I ruin them :oops:
Do you really just put them straight over nappy without a wrap?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:18 am

:giggle: yep you really do - they are magical :magic:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:48 am

Yes , that's how they work. They will feel damp in the morning and then you just hang them up to air. I usually do it outside or near s window. If they smell you hand wash them gently with wool wash. Don't scrub them and make sure water is cool or Luke warm. every now and again they need 're lanolising. Wash them gently first. Prepare a bowl with a teaspoon of lanolin and a squirt of wool wash add boiling water so it all melts and then top up with cold so again make sure water is Luke warm. Soak your woollies. To dry squish them gently but don't ring them, roll them in a towel
and dry flat :widesmile:

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:24 am

Does wool/fleece work with baby sleeping bags?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:05 am

I used to use wool soakers and fitteds at night for DD and she slept in her grobag sleeping bag no probs :)

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:47 am

Thanks for all the advice ... Littlesez, I felt really silly asking before so that's really helpful :giggle: Looking forwards to trying them tonight without a wrap. :shock:

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:13 pm

Any updates @Dancing mum
Does your little one still feed in the night. I am watching this thread with interest as I would like to get Willow in to cloth at night. She usually feeds once in the night but if we left the same disposable on all night it would definitely leak.

Next

Return to Night Nappies