hf1

Nighttime solutions?

My avatar
DartmoorM
Clothie
Clothie

Nighttime solutions?

Postby DartmoorM » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:06 am

Hi, I have 2 lovely boys - the eldest was cloth bummed from day 1 to 18 months when he decided to potty train. He has been dry & clean in the day from then on (he's now 3 years old (4 in May)). However he continued to be wet at night which was fine, and we used disposable pull ups (after a night nappy-strike aged 2). A few months ago he didn't want to wear those anymore, so we tried without & he was great - not dry at night as in he needed to get up for a wee, but he did that independently & kept his bed dry so that was all good - he was dry 90% of nights for a few months....then about a month ago he just went back to weeing in the bed & sleeping right through it - so we need a new solution - I can't keep up with washing bedsheets & protectors nearly every day. Done some research & superundies look like they might be good - he won't wear a nappy (his little brother, 1.5, is now in all the cloth so we need something that looks 'different'), and it needs to be absorbant enough to hold 1 bigish wee at 3-5am in the morning, but not too bulky.....am I looking for the moon on a stick. LOoked at BG flip training pants but they are pricey & not sure they will be absorbant enough. ANy recommendations or similar experiences? I am loathe to go back to disposable pull ups but I just can't keep up with the washing! xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Nighttime solutions?

Postby littlesez » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:39 pm

what a bout small mattress protectors? we used them and it was no different to washing a nappy

we had two of these

http://www.weenotions.co.uk/bed-pads-ma ... -blue.html

and they were chucked in the wash with whatever clothes were going in that mnorning so no extra work, they go on top of the sheet. I also made my own, a big one for our kingsize bed :giggle:

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Nighttime solutions?

Postby shinycat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:57 pm

No solution for you, but we are in a similar position. DS has been dry daytimes since Xmas (now 2y 8m) but after a couple of weeks of being totally dry at night, he now wets every night. Sometimes he wakes up and I put him on the potty (he'd never take himself) but other times he just sleeps through it. I have to use pull-ups as he point-blank refuses nappies now, and in any case I need something I can easily pull down and up on the nights where he wakes to use the potty. I have some Coolababy pull ups which worked really well for DD but they always leak for DS for some reason. So I am back to disposable pull ups, which really annoys me. Those washable bed pads look good, but so expensive!

Return to Night Nappies