hf1

What's the difference with night nappies?

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

What's the difference with night nappies?

Postby clairelana » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:37 pm

Whats the difference with night nappys. I've just been using my pockets with an extra booster in them.
Is it worth buying some special night ones?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Thursdays Twitterings!

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:38 pm

clairelana wrote:Whats the difference with night nappys. I've just been using my pockets with an extra booster in them.

Heh now you're asking!! I'll split this into its own topic in a minute and put it in the night nappy section...

And then I'll answer properly :lol:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Thursdays Twitterings!

Postby charliesam » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:43 pm

night nappies tend to be much bulkier so that they can be stuffed more or if they are fitteds boosted more, this means they last longer overnight.

most pockets in pocket nappies could not be filled enough to last overnight with sam- except slinki minkis

and..... it is always worth buying new nappies or having an excuse to :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

arrrrhhh can you move my post to the right place?

thanks sarah

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: What's the difference with night nappies?

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Now for a proper answer :lol:

Night nappies are usually fitteds but can be pockets too...

Generally once the LO is sleeping through (haha) or not-pooing in the night at least they tend to be quite a heavy wetter as they don't get changed in the night anymore and so one nappy needs to last the night and so needs to be more absorbent...

In order to accomodate the extra absorbency but still fit well round the legs so no leaks, they need to be a different shape...

Does that help? Am I actually making any sense there? :? :lol:

Cheers

Steph

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:57 pm

clairelana wrote:Whats the difference with night nappys. I've just been using my pockets with an extra booster in them.

If you are getting on fine with your pockets with extra boosting then no don't bother buying anything special. If however you find that they can't hold all that wee overnight then you will want to start to look for something more absorbent or fitted.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:57 pm

We got away with using little lamb cotton fitteds thru the night until Kayleigh was 9 months, then got away with a bumgenius with an easy peasy booster until she was 14 months. Then came the big wet. I don't know why it seemed to happen all of a sudden, but it did. We them moved to standard minki nappies, and as time passed we have stuffed even more into them. We have night notions as well. I like the night notions with woolies for nights now, David prefers to use a nappy with velcro, so we have 3 minki nappies and 2 night notions.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:23 pm

Well were doing ok at the moment with what we have. :cry: I want more fluff......lol :hohoho:

I'm using the old style WN with a HH insert with the extra little bit and a terry booster. This seems to be just about the right amount we need for now.

I did order some standard minki's after reading a few posts on here for the night time. I haven't used these yet. I'm saving them to wrap for Christmas :oops: ( I've got some new WN on the way for Christmas too :wink: )

So i think i can hold off buying night nappies for now then. I might get some after Christmas, but just because i like them.

Thanx ladies

x

Return to Night Nappies