hf1

Is this a mad idea? UPDATED

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Is this a mad idea? UPDATED

Postby Frances » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:41 pm

It's annoying because lots of people have said that Huggles make good night nappies :evil: I'll give a Bumhugger over a Baby Beehind a try. And I might make a super big pocket if I get time. Thanks!

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Lottie is a very heavy wetter overnight! And i have found that NN dont cope unless they are over stuff but then they gape at the leg. I use Minki Standard pockets stuffed with a prefold and a couple of Easy Peasy Hemp boosters and i have just discovered Upsy Daisy's Night Nappy which i find copes very well and there is plenty of room to stuff with extra without the gaping around the legs (its a fitted similar to a NN but the material i find it far stretchier, bamboo french terry)and then night time longies over the top.

I stuffed the UD NN with the tri-fold insert and the popper in insert it came with and then put 1 easy peasy hemp in for good measure and it lasted from 7pm till 8 am and the outer of the nappy wasn't that wet which usually it is ( and this was only after one pre-wash) So these are my firm favorite :D :D

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:51 pm

We use a babybufter with a fleece linner ontop with a weenotions wrap. This can get us 12 hours overnight.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:46 pm

We use a cotton quick flip with 3 easy peasy hemp boosters and a bamboo booster and this lasts. Or 2 quick flips 1 inside the other have worked in the past too.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:52 pm

I remember starting a thread very simlar to this one when I was searching for a suitable night nappy for Bella, who is an EXCEPTIONALLY heavy wetter overnight.

Our solution is a NightNotion, with a bamboo big square and a hemp smaller popper on booster, then adding more hemp as well.

This lasts us overnight at least. We always use wool on top and have found that to help as it lets some of the moisture evaporate.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Might not sound very substantial, but lately I've been putting Benjamin in a size 2 Fluffle (old style short pile one - not the newer hairy ones - and it's a nippi fastening one), stuffed with additional large microfibre insert (like one from Fuzzibunz), and a cheap/absorbant facecloth in there as well (folded in half), with a XL Motherease Airflow wrap over it. And it lasts him 12 hours! I never got on very well with the Huggle I had before - didn't think it was up to much. Anyway, Benjamin is certainly a very heavy wetter - and he can drink a whole cup of water/apple juice in the night, as well as some milk etc (he wakes a couple times in the night for big drinks/gulps!) and although the nappy is very wet in the morning, his skin is lovely and dry, and no wet clothes/bed. So I've been quite impressed, really! :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Jasminesmummy wrote:Will try again soon but reluctant to purchase yet another nappy as she wets so heavily overnight that I'm not convinced that anything will work for her :(

Kayleigh outwets disposables, and we always end up with wet pj's with sposies (even the magic 12 hour ones).
A standard minki sells relatively cheaply, then you just need to stuff it. We have used the happy heiny hemp stuffins + 1 or 2 ellas house hemp inserts and a microfibre insert on top. It is huge, but always contains well, even our old standard minki that I swapped for another nappy and I figure had seen many years use previous to us getting it.
We also have night notions, but need to put an extra hemp booster (easy peasy) in there as well. We cover that with wool which allows some evaporation.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:48 am

Thanks for the advice all - just had a thought...the huggle and bumhugger are both topped with fleece, meaning that when the bumhugger is inside the huggle there's a double layer of fleece over the absorbent layers! Think this may have been the problem so I am planning to have another go with 4 hemp and bamboo inserts inside the huggle covered with a fleece wrap. Fingers crossed!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:56 am

Hope it works - fingers crossed!

Previous

Return to Night Nappies