hf1

FINALLY GOT IT!!!! Yey!

My avatar
EeeGee1610
Clothie
Clothie

FINALLY GOT IT!!!! Yey!

Postby EeeGee1610 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:02 pm

Well after I don't how long trying to get Penny's night bum sorted I think we have finally cracked it!

We've been trying two-parters with a variety of covers very unsuccessfully for months and months and had finally given up.... sort of resigned myself to the fact that I was going to be using disposables on her at night until she was PT, when someone somewhere on here mentioned Green Kids!!!!

Now I've heard tell of these before, but never looked into them... and so I did now. And I discovered GK Anytimes! Pockets that can be used in the day AND at night.

Penny now goes to bed with a GK Anytime stuffed with mf diaper doubler (which I have a load spare courtesy of the new BGs!), double layer bamboo insert and a hemp booster... not a leak so far and the nappy is far from bulky either! Wonderful!!! It even held in a rather massive middle-of-the-night poop!!!

And Penny is a pretty heavy wetter now she's 20 months and has learned to control her daytime wee more, amd so has an excess of it at night!

So just want to say YEY!!! And if I wasn't hugely pregnant I would be :wine: in celebration!!! LOL!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: FINALLY GOT IT!!!! Yey!

Postby Rae » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Glad you have found something that works for you.

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby EeeGee » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:18 am

(This is Emma again - my account has been re-activated now!)

Haha! How ironic - Penny did a massive poop last night, but didn't wake up and complain so this morning she had leaked. DOH.

Although it STILL wasn't a massive leak!! Although the poop had exploded a bit... still I'm very confident in these nappies :D

Once I get her pooping before bedtime again, we'll be 100% I reckon!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:54 am

I loved our GK Anytimes for overnight until Evie outgrew them in the rise, I found them soooo reliable and a nice neat fit too! Hope they keep working for you :D

Oh, we used the GK bamboo insert with their bamboo booster and this was great for Evie!

Sadie xx

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby EeeGee » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:15 pm

Well.... we're back in the bloomin' disposables at night again at the moment as Penny had a horrid cold + teething last week and it turned out that the poop she did on Sunday night and decided not to complain or tell us about (as mentioned above) was such a horrific poop that it actually burned her bum :shock:

Daytime cloth isn't making the blistery looking bits any worse, but until the rash clears up, we're just putting her in dispics on a night with plenty of metanium (my go-to rash-clear-upper!!)

Not too much of a problem though as it has given me the chance to increase my GK stash in the meantime ready for when the rash has gone, so she can go back into cloth for night straight away again :)

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:29 am

Aw, EeeGee, I am glad you are so nappy-happy and have found something that works. :wine: I read this as I'm a first time mum-to-be and am finding out all about c nappies for use with our little one. It helps so much when people write about particular brands and styles, so thanks for that. 8)

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Frankie

Return to Night Nappies