hf1

Help me Choose

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Help me Choose

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 am

Right this is going to be the last nappy I buy for a while :hohoho: At night we are currently using night notions and fuzzis with no probs but there is no harm in trying different sorts right??!!!!!! I have a bumhugger on the way to try but am think of a Minki standard or a Slinki. Haven't weighed Gracie for a while but she is prob about a skinny 19lbs with skinny legs as well. Our fuzzies are a medium and the night notions are a large but have no problems so far with them being big. I stuff the fuzzie with m/f insert and either one or 2 easy peasy inserts and the nn is stuffed with the trifold and snap-in plus an easy peasy. I am leaning more toward the slinki for the slimmer fit and then it can be used during the day as well.

Thanks in advance for all your wisdom. x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help me Choose

Postby JanX » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:55 pm

hiya

in all honesty in my opinion minkis are too bulky for day wear full stop, even the slinki ones :wink: We love them for overnight though :D

I would say a large slinki, it will be big but will allow for lots of stufing. I have had the girls in large ones since around 17lbs or thereabouts (huge but work wonderfully!) and they still fit a 3 year old too so they will be our night nappies right to the very end :wink:

Micheala also offers a poppers option now on the slinkis which is good as they are slightly harder for the litle ones to get off!

:wink:

jan x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:31 am

Minkis are great night nappies, but even with skirts and dresses you might find the slinki minkis too bulky for daytimes.
The large minkis look huge - unstuffed they look like they sould fit a small adult. We needed the larger rise of the minkis, so we moved into the large even though we still had tabs crossed over (in the standard ones) for the medium size. I'd say try a large, if you find it just too big, it really won't be that long before you find she has grown into it.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:44 pm

i have a large slinki minki and it works well as a night nappy. i agree with the others that i still wouldnt use it during the day, unless its summer and shes wearing a nappy and t-shirt only or something! i think the standard minki is also larger in the rise so if you are unsure between medium and large, then maybe go for a large slinki...a large standard one might be too big!!

if im unsure about sizes i usually go for the bigger option, most nappies are grown into pretty quickly, especially if they are night nappies. :D xx

Return to Night Nappies