hf1

Popper pocket nappies for night use???

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Popper pocket nappies for night use???

Postby Mareth » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Crikey, I'm sure it was no where near that much for mine. Don't think I'd have bothered either if I'd had to pay that :shock:

My avatar
sALLYf104
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sALLYf104 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:40 pm

I know - I was a bit gobsmacked - I have asked if there is any discount for bulk as I have 4 slinkis...

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Yeah, just checked back through my emails, mine were £1.40 per nappy, plus postage was £1.50 for first nappy ..50p for second and 25p per nappy thereafter (bearing in mind that was to Ireland too). That was only 4 months ago.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Eeek that's alot, you'd probably be better off selling them and getting new ones with poppers!

My avatar
sALLYf104
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sALLYf104 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Yes - sounds like it involves taking the nappy apart and putting back together and they realised they weren't charging enough in the first place... I am still pondering as I really do like the slinki minkis (other than the velcro :hohoho: :hohoho: )...

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:06 pm

I have popper minkis and Amy can get them off just a s easily as the velcro :roll: :roll: (she can get out of anything though :hohoho: )

I have added snaps to all my velcro minkis last night :D and although it took quite a while (as in ages.... :shock: ) I didn't have to take them apart in any way to do it.

jan x

My avatar
sALLYf104
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sALLYf104 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:18 pm

I wouldn't have a clue how to do it myself :lol: but the reason given for taking the nappy apart was to do with not perforating the PUL...?

Rhiana has never managed to undo anything with poppers yet so I think I may have to get a couple done in the hope that it will be a short term solution to my problem...

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:44 pm

I just perforated the pul. I did initally wonder about that but on closer inspection most of my pockets have the poppers through the pul (fuzzis, blueberrys etc)

I did one a week or so ago and it has been absolutly fine, works just as well as it always has :wink:

maybe you could ask one of the other WAHMS to see if they would do it for you and if so at what cost?

jan x

My avatar
sALLYf104
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sALLYf104 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Interesting... Thanks for the advice :D .
Sally

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies