hf1

Slinki Minkis

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Slinki Minkis

Postby Frances » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Anyone with heavy wetters use these? I tried a Bumgenius a couple of months ago and even with three inserts it was saturated after 5 hours and Jasmine woke up so I'm a little reuctant to try another pocket as we're getting on so well with fitteds. However, I am curious as slinki minkis get such rave reviews! Would a standard minki pocket be better? I will need to stuff it with at least 5 bamboo and hemp inserts. Thanks!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Slinki Minkis

Postby clairelana » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:59 am

I'm not sure about the slinki ones but i know that the standard ones are great.
You have loads of room to stuff them!
I've used them at night with a fantastic result.

hth

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:13 am

Rhys isn't a particularly heavy wetter, but he does have his moments, and I've never had a problem with my slinki minkis at all, I love them. I don't recall ever reading that anyone has had a problem with them leaking with a heavy wetter (but that might just mean I haven't been paying attention LOL)
They are great and I'd recommend definitely investing in at least one just to give it a go :mrgreen: (enabler enabler :hohoho: )

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:03 pm

Kayleigh went from a normal wetter to a very heavy wetter. We use slinki minkis in preference to the standard ones. Into a slinki we put the happy heiny hemp insert with the oval, two ellas house hemp inserts and a microfibre insert. There is a bit of extra room that you could stuff into, but that seems enough for us for now.
The standard minkis have a bigger pocket to stuff, but we find them a little akward as Kayleigh (in the larges due to needing the rise) still has them fully crossed over at the waist, so we can get a bit of wing droop. However this is a cosmetic problem rather than a problem causing leaks.
TBH, I think when overstuffing a BG you might get leaks as it pulls away from the legs.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks all! Rae, what order do you put the inserts in? Does the microfibre go at the top?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:36 pm

I would imagine the microfibre as the hemp would need something on top to absorb quickly, but as you use bamboo and hemp, bamboo on top would be just as good infact probably better!!

I will know soon enough, I have ordered Jak a slinki minki, we've never managed to get a pocket to work for him, he's just too heavier wetter so I have my hopes set for this to work, may have to try it in the day first, even thought I assume it will be massive!!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:03 pm

Yes i put the microfibre as the top layer. We do also have 1 bamboo booster which we sometimes use in preference to the microfibre.
The large minkis really do look huge. However when you have packed in layers of inserts you realise why it needs to be that big. Kayleigh does her John Wayne walk when she has that nappy on.

Return to Night Nappies