help!

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

help!

Postby fleur08 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:15 am

right, clever peoplewith huge experience i need your help,

lo currently goes to bed in a wonderoo with both mf inserts,1 mf insert fron a fuzzi & 2 or 3 bamboo bosters, just about makes it through till the morning.
the thing is she's starting to look like a weeble,her legs are stuck out sideways & it looks pretty uncomfy & iwont be able to stuff anymore in.

im torn between a nightnotionon a upsy daisynight nappy, is either one better & what wraps go over them, do weenotions wraps fit the night ones ( prob a silly question)

oh, and is a northernlight only a day nappy??
thankyou xx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: help!

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:43 am

A Northern Light is a day nappy but some people use them overnight of their LO is a light wetter. I've never used a UD night nappy but Night Notions are fab. I really recommend using wool over them though rather than PUL. If you want to stick with pockets Minkis make great night nappies. They are HUGE and take loads of stuffing. My 3 1/2 year old wears a well stuffed Standard Minki at night.

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:55 am

hi, thanks.
i did look at minkis but think id prefer fitteds, do wool wraps/covers smell?? for some reason i think she'll smell like a soggy weeie sheep! :lol:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:06 am

fleur08 wrote:hi, thanks.
i did look at minkis but think id prefer fitteds, do wool wraps/covers smell?? for some reason i think she'll smell like a soggy weeie sheep! :lol:

Wool has antibacterial properties and doesn't smell much at all. I found that night nappies with PUL wraps over the top were really smelly but not with wool. Plus you can buy some really yummy scented lanolin and woolly washes to use too. :D It's so easy to care for too. It only needs washing if it gets dirty or starts to smell a little after it's been aired for a day.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:43 am

Totally reccomend Weenotions night nappies as well, they are fab, we use wool as well and doesn't smell. Bums n Roses do some lovely smelly lanolin, we have the soapy clean one. with wool all you have to do is air it everyday after use and when it starts to get a bit whiffy just wash and re-lanolise, this only needs to be done every few weeks. xx

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:59 am

I'm new to night nappies as well, and have found that mf is a no-no as it's way too bulky while bamboo and hemp are slimmer and more absorbent. I've tried PUL, fleece and wool at night and found that wool is the most effectiven and least smelly. Night Notions are great but we couldn't get a good fit with them as I find Upsy Daisy NN more adjustable as they fasten with aplix at the front (although they do also do side snap). Jasmine is a reatively heavy wetter so we use an Upsy Daisy NN stuffed with their standard trifold plus popper in bit, two extra bamboo insert plus a hemp inset at the bottom, with wool on top. It's amazing!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:03 am

I haven't used the 2 nappies you mentioned.
We use babybufters and bedbugs at night with great results. I have also used a minki pocket several times and NL's.

NL are good at night too if your lo is not a heavy wetter. Kaydi is quite a heavy wetter at night but i just add a easy peasy hemp booster and fleece topped hemp booster in too. I use wool over my fitteds mostly, i find her nappy is much wetter when i use her WN wraps. The wool lets some of the moisture evaporate.

As someone elce said wool only smells when it needs washing. We have hot chocolate flaver lanolin. smells yummy.

Reading back on what your using at the moment you use quite alot of microfibre. I can't see why a NL wouldn't work for you. Have you tried a bamboo insert with a hemp booster? I think this would work for you too. I use ptit desous bamboo insert with a easypeasy hemp booster in the day time. from the sounds of what your using at night this would work at night for you.
Microfibre is quite squishy and doesn't hold as much as hamp and bamboo.

hth

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 am

We stay well away from Microfibre and stick with a Bamboo and hemp combination and find this works really well :D . I have tried WN NN but dont get a very good fit unfortunately :( (would love these to work as the fabrics you can get are fab!).

I either use Upsy Daisy SS with wool over the top or a Standard and Slinki Minki over night both work equally well and have never leaked :D

Juliex

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:45 am

thanks everyone,

given me alot to think about, guess wool isnt as bad as i thought it might be, must admit im rapidly going off mf, had to change her at 5 this morning coz she stank really badly & thought she'd done a whoppa poo but it was the mf, yuck :shock:

didnt know you could get flavoured lanolin, choccy one sounds yummy.think will try a upsy daisy night & look for some woolies then & some more bamboo/hemp inserts.

i never knew how many different combinations of things there were or how addictive it is,heheh

Next

Return to Night Nappies