hf1

help!! leaking problem!

My avatar
craggy426
Clothie
Clothie

help!! leaking problem!

Postby craggy426 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:28 pm

I need some advice as we've developed a rather bad leak problem at night. Our little one keeps turning onto her side and then when she has a big wee it leaks by goodness absolutely everywhere!! We've been using fuzzi's and bg v3's with various stuffing (microfibre, hemp, terry towelling) but nothing seems to be hitting the mark and it means she gets woken fully when we have to change all her clothes, sleeping bag etc which isn't good as then we have one VERY awake VERY excited baby on our hands! :roll: I've got some slinkis on their way (hopefully tmw). DO people think they'll do the trick? Advice much appreciated.

Thanks! Lizzy x

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: help!! leaking problem!

Postby Frances » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:32 pm

My DD always got leaks with pockets. Perhaps you're overstuffing the pockets so you're getting gaping round the legs. I'd suggest either stuffing with just bamboo and hemp (bamboo on the top) so the nappy is slimmer, and hopefully a better fit, or alternatively trying a fitted night nappy (I love Upsy Daisy NN), stuffed as above, with a wool soaker - that's what I use, and I haven't had a leak yet.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:34 pm

I think slinkis are wonderful night nappies. Haven't had a problem so far with leaking at night so can't really comment on that. Hope you get sorted.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:12 am

We sometimes use fuzzies overnight without problems, I either stuff with m/f insert and easypeasy hemp or petite dessous bamboo insert and easypeasy hemp and never have problems, they do gape at the leg a bit but never leak abd Graie sleep any way (front, back, side up-side-down). Try using hemp and bamboo (bamboo on top of hemp) to make the nappy slimmer HTH. xx

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:28 am

Sounds like the problem could be overstuffing and when your lo rolls onto her side the wee is coming straight out before it can be absorbed. Slinkis are brilliant night nappies, and can take lots of stuffing while still being a snug fit around the legs. Standard minkies can fit even more stuffing in if she is a really heavy wetter. Another thing is placement of the various layers within the nappy - I used microfibre or bamboo first and then the hemp underneath.

Hope the slinkis do the job!

Sadie xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:50 am

I agree on the standard/slinki minki front, I onlt recently got 1 of each, and they are fab, my DS normally wouldn't last 5 mins in a pocket, but these last him all night, it's just a shame they are too bulky for days!! last night he had 6 layers of bamboo and 6 layers of hemp fleece, and there was sooo much space left for extra stuffing!!

My avatar
craggy426
Clothie
Clothie

Postby craggy426 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:07 am

Yes I think overstuffing is the problem...and the wrong night nappy. The leaking happened again last night. No slinkis yet in the post cos of the snow!! :cry:

Return to Night Nappies