hf1

Night nappies no longer working :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Night nappies no longer working :(

Postby tanya » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Bella has had another growth spurt, without putting on any extra weight, so she's now taller and skinnier than ever. She's also developed distinct chicken legs!

Her Night Notions were fitting on the tightest waist setting and the second tightest leg setting, but now we can put them on her on the tightest leg setting and they gape badly. It means wee is running straight out of the leg holes and soaking her bed - the nappy isn't even as wet as it usually is.

Anyone have any ideas of what to try next? I would prefer not to have aplix fastening, but if necessary, we could try it again.

She is a really heavy wetter so needs something really heavy duty.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Night nappies no longer working :(

Postby Mareth » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:21 pm

I'd recommend either minkis or slinki minkis. Rhys has suddenly turned into a mega wetter at night, pretty much over night, and the only thing that doesn't leave him soaked through is his slinki minkis.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Thanks for that Mareth, but I probably should have said, I'd prefer fitteds as we use wool overnight.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Puddlepants weedies - one of our most fab fitteds for nights...
You can stuff them with whatever you need to and they take a fair bit too :)

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Might sound really stupid but have you tried putting a slim fitted underneath her night nappy - thinking something like a MEOS or bamboozle to give you the containment and then the night nappy for the aborbancy. A large bamboo folded into a nappy and nippered before the night nappy might also work or any fitted would probably work.

Unless you want to try more night nappies :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:35 pm

I like Annette's idea :wink:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:37 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:Might sound really stupid but have you tried putting a slim fitted underneath her night nappy - thinking something like a MEOS or bamboozle to give you the containment and then the night nappy for the aborbancy. A large bamboo folded into a nappy and nippered before the night nappy might also work or any fitted would probably work.

Unless you want to try more night nappies :wink:

Interesting idea there Annette. I might give that a go tomorrow night.

I am, however, open to suggestions of other nappies to try.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:38 pm

What I fab Idea, swaddlebees work well under other nappies, Summer wore one the other day with a bamboo baby beehind over the top!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Well, it leaked again last night, and as she pooped in her night nappy, it was well messy :(

We are going to try putting a Bamboozle under it tonight and see what happens, but if that fails I am going to have to start the search again for more night nappies :(

Next

Return to Night Nappies