hf1

Please help me find a night nappy for my daughter!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Please help me find a night nappy for my daughter!

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:35 am

Ideally she would use the same nappy for 12 hours - goes to bed 7-7pm. I can't find anything that she doesn't wake up in the night soaking wet! So she is in disposables at night! :oops: :(

I have seen bumhuggers recommended a few times for nights. Do you think these are ok for a heavy wetter? Could I use a ME airflow wrap (I already have these)? We don't have much money so can't really afford to make mistakes with buying the wrong thing. Have looked on ebay and I am looking at about £10, maybe slightly less without a pattern for a EH bumhugger - brand new.

Does anybody have any advice? She wees so much because she drinks so much milk! But without the milk she doesn't seem to put on much weight, or sleep properly so don't really want to stop that.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Please help me find a night nappy for my daughter!

Postby tanya » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:40 am

I have a very heavy wetter and find that WeeNotions Night Notions are the best nappy for overnight. I've also heard good things about the Upsy Daisy night nappy. We didn't get on with bumhuggers, we couldn't get enough stuffing into the pocket to last overnight.

You can certainly use a Motherease wrap overnight, but you might have more success if you get a wool cover of some sort for overnight, as this let some of the moisture evaporate and so the nappy is not so soaked. It also lets the skin breathe, so is good for the baby.

My avatar
sALLYf104
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sALLYf104 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:37 am

Upsy Daisy NN works great with my LO and she is a heavy wetter. Much more absorbant than a bumhugger (these are good but not as good IMO)...

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:40 am

Thank you, will go and have a look at those. Glad I did ask here - I was going to just buy a bumhugger but you have made me think twice!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:01 pm

I also have a heavy wetter and use Upsy Daisy NN (with a little extra boosting) or Flutterby Nights which are amazing! But not on sale yet. I use wooily bloomers with both.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:28 pm

I have a very heavy wetter and the best ones for us have been babybufters, (a WAHM) with wool longies or shorties on top. PUL wraps used to wick overnight and the smell was overpowering in a morning :puke: .

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:58 pm

Our best night nappies are slinki minki pockets (www.nappiesbyminki.co.uk), they've got loads of room for as much stuffing as you need and so far (touch wood) I've not had a leak at all. If you have a REALLY heavy wetter then she also makes standard minkis which are more bulky but have space for even more absorbancy. Only thing is minkis are very bulky, but that's the nature of the beast really with night nappies.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:43 pm

I have a slinki, that I haven't used yet. Need to run it through the wash first and then its reeady to go so can give that a try tomorrow night maybe. Do you think prevolds would go ok in it? I am not sure if it is a slinky or normal without looking and it is at the bottom of my nappy bin so think I will wait for that! Will be putting a wash on when she goes to bed tonight.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Stuffing with prefolds is ok but personally I find them quite bulky for the absorbency... You would probably want some hemp or bamboo under the prefold to make it last the night...

I find standard minkis better than slinki minkis as they seem to take more stuffing and are wider across the bum.

I also find that puddlepants weedies are excellent night nappies (they are a fitted nappy that you stuff with whatever you need to) especially when used with wool.

http://www.puddlepants.co.uk/weedies.php

Next

Return to Night Nappies